Russia coronavirus vaccine 'Sputnik V' safe despite no clinical trials, says Putin

Antivaxxers are equal opportunity murderers. On the left are the “body purity, antiPharma” crunchy granolas, on the right are the “health freedom, aborted fetus, DNA modification, tracking chip” conspiracy theorists. They agree on noting other than vaccine is bad, and apparently dead babies are OK in comparison.

9 Likes

So why didn’t Putin himself get it?

2 Likes

Sorry, Vladimir, but I prefer my vaccines without polonium.

6 Likes

I wonder if this is one of those “Vaccine is safer than questioning safety of vaccine, yes?” Significant Eyebrow type occasions…

6 Likes

/s

9 Likes

Anyone who believes in both-siderism has a very immature analysis of politics. There’s more than two sides to the Republicans alone, and the Democrats are even more diverse. Anti-vaxxers are all over the political spectrum.

7 Likes

“The vaccine! It does nothing!” *

*Satirical comment about this specific one that lacks clinical trials. Not vaccines in general.

4 Likes

No worries:

7 Likes

What gets rapidly meta-agitprop’y here is that Putin is also behind spreading anti-vax stuff (ref1 ref2 ref3) For the ultimate nerd metaphor, in star-wars the evil sith lord was both promoting the civil war and fighting it – keep everyone in turmoil and pick up the pieces later.

5 Likes

I assume someone told Duterte Harry that clinical trials were also a form of due process that stand in the way of Getting Things Done™ and he was all for it.

6 Likes

Looks like the preferred soft drink of white nationalists.

3 Likes

The contradictory messaging is deliberate. Putin wants headlines saying that Russia is first with a vaccine, but he also wants it to look as if they are doing things properly.

6 Likes

Yeah. Right. To be incredibly kind, I think Duterte is confusing “guinea pig” with “non-historical control subject”.

4 Likes

Makes me wonder if he’ll try to get the vaccine into some people w/o their knowing.

5 Likes

Remember that Putin is just as untrustworthy as Trump. The difference is, Vladimir Vladimirovich lies deliberately, with a purpose, and is aware of the reality even if he wants to deny it.

5 Likes

On a lead injection device with polonium adjuvant? Sounds on point.

5 Likes

And so begins the zombie apocalypse.

4 Likes

2 Likes

So then you’re recommending we let Trump try it?

3 Likes

Chess vs Tic Tac Toe

1 Like