Russian bridge collapse

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/10/09/russian-bridge-collapse.html

9 Likes

The guy at the bottom should play the lottery.

3 Likes

From the (translated) caption, it seems that the guy under the bridge was a railway worker and not waiting for a train. The “I almost died under that bridge” makes it sound like the guy who posted was the guy in the video. Which kind of makes sense, that he would grab his phone and quick film the CCTV off of the monitor, because you want to show what almost happened to o you rather than look for some way to get it off of the server.

3 Likes

Did Putin cut the bridge’s pension as well?

4 Likes

Why were they filming?

1 Like

Seems like its a cellphone recording of a monitor outputting the video off a remote camera…

For several-times removed footage like that, that is astoundingly good quality…

6 Likes

More like he cut the bridge’s SUS-pension.

I’ll show myself out.

12 Likes

Guessing after the event… recorded replaying footage of, well, a bridge that hadn’t fallen-down before.

1 Like

Overweight vehicle and a driver who feels the rules (of the road and physics) don’t apply

1 Like

Just figuring out what the weight limit sign on the bridge should be.

10 Likes

Nope. He just spent all his luck…

4 Likes

Any ideas of what “The Russian Railways employee was born in a shirt!” might actually mean?

The Russian phrase родился в рубашке (rodilsya v rubashke, literally, “born in a shirt”) refers to caul birth and figuratively means “born lucky”.

8 Likes

Looks like whoever ordered that truck full of osmium isn’t going to get it anytime soon.

3 Likes

Cool, learned something new today. Thanks!

Also: Ew.

1 Like

that’s got nothing on that american newly assembled bridge collapse early this year…?

Buster Keaton called. He wants his stunt back. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6FaRo4ZwUI

2 Likes

I doubt that one truck could carry enough mass to destroy a bridge in good condition.

And about the guy running away, I reckon he was in as much danger from the overhead wires coming down as he was from the structure. Of course breakers should have tripped by then but it depends on the cables finding a good earth for long enough.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.