Russian priests must stop blessing nuclear weapons, says Russian Orthodox Church patriarch

He’s had training. You can tell by the third-position grip.

Contrast:

2 Likes

If the ROC actually believed that “blessing” really worked, then they could simply go through the motions anyway… but using unblessed water. :smiling_imp:

nunchuck apparatchik

2 Likes

What? Never! I don’t believe in fighting religion head on though. Believers will only feel encouraged by that. I think that religion as a social reality can only wither away with new generations growing up without taking it seriously. And I think this purpose is served best by challenging them where they are wrong, but leave them alone where they happen to stumble into being right. How that is supposed to be capitulation is beyond me.

think about it, and maybe you’ll understand. i wouldn’t want to confront you head on :wink:

I sent this to a friend of mine who is a Dominican Priest. Some years ago, I had asked him when he was made a deacon what he was empowered to do. Deacons don’t really play a big role in the Catholic church after all.

“I can perform weddings, baptize children, but can no longer carry edged weapons.”

https://www.jstor.org/stable/10.7722/j.ctt31nhh5Screen Shot 2020-02-06 at 8.31.24 AM

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.