Russian soldier proposes with 16 tanks in the shape of a heart on Valentine's Day

It is worth mentioning how brutal Russian army is. Russia has mandatory military service conscription and there is a long standing tradition called “Dedovshchina” where conscripts are systematically beaten, tortured, raped and even murdered or driven to suicide. It creates lifelong psychological trauma and in my opinion is source of many problems with that country.
There is excellent article in Vice about it (yes, I know that they are Holocaust deniers, but this one article is fine):

And some more articles form more reputable sources:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7425694.stm

5 Likes

The Danish version of Vice magazine denies the Holocaust happened? Now there’s some Russian Propaganda for you.

1 Like

Not Danish, but UK version definitely does deny German involvement in Holocaust. Here’s a direct quote:

At the time of going to press, a comprehensive reading of the past hundred years of German history showed no documented incidents of any racial bias.

And the quoted article:

There article is written in “satirical” way, but this is also a long established tradition:

And some historical context:

1 Like

And if she had said нет?

2 Likes

Even the Russian Orthodox Church, which is more or less the state church now, is beginning to distance itself from the death machinery.

3 Likes

Whataboutism never doesn’t work.

Yeah, a “feel good” story about Russian military, delivered by Russia Today, no less.

1 Like

That was the drill.

1 Like

Others have said it, but I’ll say it too:

Dear Men (or anyone thinking of doing this, but let’s face it, it’s 90% men doing this),

Stop it with the elaborate rom-com proposal stunts. You are putting the woman (or your partner of choice) in an incredibly shitty position. Don’t assume you know their mind and what they will say. If you’re wrong, what have you done? Forced them to say yes against their will, then caused them immense stress over the next few days/weeks while they second-guess what they really want and force them to crush your feelings at some later date.

At the end of the day, this stunt is about you, not them. You want to feel like a big shot and have a story to tell. Please put their feelings first.

Kind regards,
Mostly Women But Also Others

3 Likes

I think it depends on the relationship. A lot of proposals are not really surprises (It wasn’t a matter of “if”, but “when”.) I know of people who had public proposals and they say it was a magical experience. YMMV.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.