Sacramento driver throws incredible fit of road rage

I dunno. Without context it’s hard for me to judge this video. Maybe the person in the blue Honda did something to deserve having their car demolished for like, ten minutes. Maybe they were driving too slow in the fast lane. Man I HATE that!

8 Likes

That haircut was also rather popular with rivetheads in the 90s, in part because bands like Laibach were employing fascist imagery in their work.

6 Likes

Sacramento was recently under the nation’s microscope for their police gunning down a young black guy in his grandma’s backyard for the crime of being there while holding a cell phone. Maybe this guy didn’t get the summary execution treatment because the Sacramento PD realize they’re still under intense public scrutiny. I suppose it’s possible they’re taking steps to change the department’s culture, but I’m not that optimistic.

19 Likes

Man, its like goddam Inception!

2 Likes

I’m not a huge fan of the CR-V, either.

24 Likes

Testosterone is a helluva drug.

Edit: I’ve learned since this comment that the testosterone/aggression link is wrong. I’m leaving the original comment rather than deleting it to preserve the thread. My apologies.

4 Likes

I saw them in the car at one point when it got pushed in the intersection, moving around. Gods I hope they are okay.

4 Likes

And this suspicious looking gentleman.

GibbsGibbs2

5 Likes

Sacramento, Fla.?

4 Likes

Testosterone does not make you angry, it does not make you rage. This bullshit myth that gets spread around actively hurts trans masculine people. Every trans masc person I’ve seen who goes on testosterone has become happier and it greatly increases their quality of life. This myth has come about because our society wants to find anything else to blame besides the culture for the violent outbursts of men. I don’t know why this person went on a rampage but I can assure you that it is not due to testosterone.

15 Likes

From what I saw, the first cop to show up and approach the guy on the roof did have her taser drawn. It’s bright yellow, in her left hand, can’t miss it. Not sure what happened after he came down off the car roof, but hope weapons weren’t deployed.

When I see this kind of stuff, I feel a wash of sadness come over me. The phrase “a person in crisis” is probably most appropriate to describe this guy. There’s probably a lot going on with him, and the first responders who show up have absolutely zero context, so I hope they are always professional enough to recognize that. And not just scared for their own hide.

7 Likes

If he were black …

I wondered too, until I took a closer look at the picture.

Or even worse, forcing their way left, then slowing down. If so, then justified action.

1 Like

The testosterone/aggression connection is something I’ve heard all my life. Thank you for giving me a reason to read up a bit on it since your comment. I apologize for perpetuating the myth and I certainly would not want to disparage anyone using testosterone therapy. I never want to disseminate false information. I’m going to edit the comment.

18 Likes

Here is some video from another angle https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article212659589.html

2 Likes

Yo Dawg, I heard you liked to click-through so I put a click-through in front your pre-click-through click-through, so you can click-through click-throughs while you are clickin’ through a click-through.

7 Likes

Naw, we don’t take vehicular assault nearly seriously enough for that to be the case.

2 Likes

Nah. The article says he’s in the hospital and hasn’t been booked, yet. Until he’s booked they don’t release names. However, I’m almost certain this guy’s name is “Florida Man”.

1 Like

The fire department responders probably gave the police a heads up on what had happened and that they were also waiting for the guy to run out of steam. They had traffic cones out and were directing traffic - not your typical ‘high risk of extreme violence’ deployment.

3 Likes