Sacrificial goat falls from roof, killing boy

[Permalink]

I’m curious: If I reply to a withdrawn post, will that lock it into some sort of limbo?

1 Like

[quote]Eid al-Adha honours the willingness of Abraham to sacrifice his son when commanded by God, who intervenes by giving him a lamb to kill instead.

-Original article
[/quote]

[quote]I don’t want to start any blasphemous rumours
But I think that God’s got a sick sense of humour
And when I die, I expect to find Him laughing

-Depeche Mode
[/quote]

2 Likes

(post deleted by OMFG IRONY filtration system to prevent formation of small wormholes of logic in boingboing readers.)

better than a goat laugh

Ha ha!

Equally funny: Church collapses killing a child. It would be tragic, but it’s funny because religion!

2 Likes

I have to admit, after seeing the headlines to the other featured articles on that site, I put this right up in National Enquirer, if not Weekly World News, territory.

This is why I prefer a goat simulator for all my sacrificing.

2 Likes

It’s not funny, it’s ironic, because the goat is sacrificed as a reminder of Abraham’s willingness to sacrifice his own son, but is replaced at the last minute with a goat.

A church collapsing and killing a child contains no irony, unless it was of sub-standard construction, and the child was the son of the contractor who decided to cut corners.

Now, if the church that collapsed emitted a sound like a fart – THAT WOULD BE FUNNY!

If you look at the world through war-on-religion glasses, you’re gonna see it everywhere. And still display an astonishing lack of religious knowledge in the process.

But… if you look at the world through fart-inducing glasses, it’s stinky and hilarious! Plus, you kinda look like Elton John in the 70s. Not that he was stinky or hilarious. He wore crazy sunglasses. Like you would if you were, no not crazy, I mean … oh, nevermind.

7 Likes

Is this proof that the Abrahamic god’s native tongue is American English, and he got confused when told a kid was being sacrificed for him?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2768929/ or more like this. Waters of life LOL!

LOL.

I think the fart is probably humanity’s oldest joke.

That’s why it’s still funny.

2 Likes

It is a pity that this UK throwaway paper did not disclose any source for its story.

1 Like

Pretty much a good way to explain editorial bias towards raising chickens and bunnies and other baconvalent reform elements as opposed to capricious bitey animals that jump with hooves on everything you loved (and baking them in a caldera of some sort with kif leaves.)

You beat me to the 'Oops, should have named the kid Isaac" line.

Incidentally, does anybody know what historical or theological quirk led to the current disparity in popular recognition of the Abraham/Isaac story? Shockingly enough, all of the Abrahamic monotheisms include it(not quite tautologically; but pretty close); but I can’t think of any major ritual or occasion in catholic, protestant, or jewish observance surrounding the event. It’s canonical and all, and certainly gets sermons and stuff; but not much ritual outside of at least some areas of islam.

1 Like

The Binding of Isaac figures in the Rosh Hashanah services at the start of the high holidays. Probably shows up most often in the sermon that goes with the services, but it is involved in one of the major Jewish holidays.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.