San Juan mayor barred from speaking on Trump's Puerto Rico relief conference call

You may very well be right. I just like to throw ideas out there, and maybe someone smarter than I will use them to come up with something. Here’s an article that shows what a difference a few counties would make:

2 Likes

After the challenges to gerrymandering and voter suppression and other dirty GOP tricks are resolved, reforming the broken Electoral College is definitely the next step.

Also, it would be nice if the DNC got its bloody campaign ground game together. Unfortunately, if Clinton’s book is any indication, they’re not willing to admit their screw-ups on that front.

8 Likes

Once you start to adapt, they’d just re-modulate the gerrymandering.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/sarahkendzior/status/915334886910758913

4 Likes

Which is why we need to elect better congresscritters. Journey of a thousand miles…single step, you know.

Any day we should start floating, right?

You can try to elect better congress people, but that’s unlikely as long as there’s gerrymandering, and in order to get gerrymandering legislated against, we need better congress people.

You see the problem right?

It’s less a journey of a thousand miles, and more like, a logical paradox.

8 Likes

I’m assuming the current SCOTUS case is successful. If not, probably more drastic measures would be required.

But when Ms Cruz joined the call, she was informed that she was invited in a “listening capacity only,” and forbidden from speaking.

Well that’s rather… Petty.

Well not their OWN voice, jeez, they might speak Spanish… /s

1 Like

That is a better idea.

Which is why I am sure that isn’t what the executive is supportive of.

1 Like

I read the post where you suggested moving “a few thousand” people “a mile or two”, as though this was a trivially easy thing to do. How? Hypnotism? Bribery? At gunpoint?

3 Likes

power of suggestion :wink:

1 Like

The best way to get all the money out of Washington is to get all the money out of the economy.

5 Likes

Everybody needs to keep an eye on PR.

Once people get back on their feet, there are likely to be protests. And there is also likely to be a brutally militarised response from the Trumpists in return.

7 Likes

Yup. Never put it past a malignant egotist to turn a natural disaster into a man-made one when people point out they’re full of shit and did basically nothing to help.

5 Likes

If they want to, good for them, but suggesting it does rather seem like wanting to make people who have just suffered a terrible disaster into pawns in your political game.

6 Likes

The response of left Latinx Twitter to these suggestions might be described as ranging from horrified to homicidal.

3 Likes

Maybe now is a good time to interject as someone who has actually moved to AND from a Caribbean island; it’s neither easy nor cheap, under the best of circumstances.

Doing it right after a huge catastrophic disaster and under duress?

Yeah, let’s just say that’s not the most feasible idea…

7 Likes

6 Likes