San Juan mayor Carmen Yulin Cruz sports "Nasty" shirt during TV interview

Nice. Was he impressed with the department?

I painted a mirror frame with silver glitter paint; when I rinsed out the brush it looked like I’d murdered a fairy in my sink…

7 Likes

Hard to tell. Lots of that “Who are you, what do YOU do? Hmm…” *wanders off kind of thing.

These folding ones that they make now are better in every way though.
Better than the push-out-the-front ones.
By far.

Seriously…my art bag has always been a cadre of potentially lethal items. Even worse is my RC bag…between the various power tools and soldering irons and such.

To @Tamsin_Bailey 's original joke though… I have a platform bed for years and years now. There is a hidden cubby under the blocks that form the base. So around the holidays there are hidden Christmas presents, the kids have never known about the space there.

also @MaiqTheLiar tmi? maybe?

3 Likes

She’s being awfully hard on someone who just dedicated half of a golf trophy to her island.

So unfair!

10 Likes

“When it bothers somebody that you’re asking for drinking water, medicine for the sick and food for the hungry, that person has much deeper problems than what we can discuss in an interview.”
Well put.
Shortlisted for “Quote of the Year”.

7 Likes

21 Likes

We call it Martial Arts for a reason. Several, actually.

2 Likes

*lolz

That’s pretty clever…

Back on topic:

3 Likes

You mean the Sword of Exact-Zero?

Found it!

5 Likes

Yep, Consider what a certain guv of NJ did for mere spite. Trump could be WAY more vindictive and probably will be.

2 Likes

Obligatory glitter bathtub reference.

1 Like

My wife did graphic design and I was always surprised by how intoxicated everyone in the art department was while using said tools. This did become less as she moved up in course difficulty, the drinking then usually occurred after the project was done.

What the hell do you DO for a living??

Heh…

I was always amazed in the sciences how much absolutely lethal crap they hand to idiot undergrads with only verbal warning.

“Yeah, be really careful with the high molarity hydroflouric acid… Probably should get your aliquot in the fume hood now that I think about it…”

“Um, yeah, the current in this set up can kill you, so make sure everything is grounded, and you don’t touch anything hot.”

“These samples that we’re handing around are actually remarkably toxic, so don’t open the jars…”

Luckily the only 'Doh! moment I had was when the lab group next to me blew hot HCl over my lab partner and me. I got to use the shower in the hallway, and got a free moth eaten looking shirt out of the deal.

5 Likes

But with science classes, one rather expects that there may be potentially dangerous chemicals involved, no?

When people think art classes they usually think foo-foo paint and clay; not poxy, scalpels and soldering irons.

1 Like

Well,nothing, really, anymore.
It was party propping at the time.
And I wouldn’t call it a living.

If I may be racist-lite, Yulin Cruz gets my nod for chic of the year.

Meanwhile, move along folks. Nothing to see in Puerto Rico.

3 Likes