Santa Claus wants a handgun in Colorado police tweet

Originally published at: Santa Claus wants a handgun in Colorado police tweet | Boing Boing

4 Likes

23 Likes

another question is why isn’t Santa or the deputy masked up

26 Likes

After every mass shooting conservatives insist that it is the wrong time to talk about gun control. But it’s never the wrong time to celebrate guns.

37 Likes

To be “fair”, it’s really hard to schedule these announcements without conflicting with a school shooting. Won’t someone think of the poor sheriffs departments who have to try to work their gun propaganda around all the tragic gun violence?

38 Likes

It also strikes me as a little inappropriate to be bragging about having issued nearly 50,000 conceal carry permits in a county of roughly 700,000 people. Is that really something worth bragging about?

18 Likes

Well, to be fair, last year Fauci said Santa was immune to COVID lol

4 Likes

Guess who’s utterly tone-deaf?

3 Likes

29 Likes

El Paso county is home to Colorado Springs and is the deepest red conservative, Republican, evangelical, military stronghold west of the Mississippi.

Let’s just say the sheriff department knows it’s audience well.

9 Likes

I’d say they got ratio’d, but the brave Sherriff’s department turned off replies.

4 Likes

This country is so fucked up. [gestures at… everything about this]

Also, I remain constantly astounded at how eager American law enforcement is at propagating this supremely fucked-up gun culture, given how terrified they are of its consequences. (I mean, sure, it also gives them an excuse to shoot brown people and makes them self-martyring, but… I suppose it’s mostly a total lack of self-awareness.)

12 Likes

There’s that, plus incidents like the one in MI just don’t happen in CO

</S>

5 Likes

The irony is he’d fucking need it if he was going to hand out presents around there with all the assholes with guns “protecting their property”.

8 Likes

Did you know that El Paso County has a per-capita gun death rate higher than most places in the developed world?

18 Likes

Although to be truthful, all fictional characters have immunity.

3 Likes

Between this and that fucked up greeting card with the family packin’, it sure looks like a call for a literal war on Christmas.

2 Likes

Since it hasn’t yet been mentioned:

9 Likes

Yeah, but still. It’s a bit like saying, “Hey, come to Colorado Springs! We have guns! So so many guns. And you won’t have a clue who’s packing because they’re all concealed. What could go wrong?!”

“Well, ok, sure, THAT could go wrong, but is that so bad, really?” /s

5 Likes

that’s what i was going to say, too: it’s El Paso county, Jake.

2 Likes