Satanic temple challenges abortion law in Missouri

“Come children come to the radiant Sun!
Oooooohhhhh Horned One!
Come children come to the radiant Sun!
Oooooohhhhh Horned One!”

… I knew it!! Mary-Kate Olsen has half a soul!!

2 Likes

It certainly won’t help reinforce the true intent of the laws which, in reality, aim to hold Christianity in a higher regard than any other faiths, though it may serve to ensure that they are equitably enforced. I would love it if every time they went to propose this type of legislation they had to consider “WWSD?”

2 Likes

What happens when an egg is fertilized (Human life begins!)

What happens when this fertilized egg fails to qualify as a U.S. citizen, since it has not (yet) been born in the United States? Can the mother be arrested for harboring an undocumented immigrant?

18 Likes

Satan bless ‘em?

2 Likes

It’s hard to fill out the forms for an egg. There’s the M/F boxes, and the date of birth is a kicker.

3 Likes

I wish to Hell that we didn’t have to experience this ongoing circus over something that has clearly been decided by the nation’s highest court…and which people of good will, faith, and conscience can like or loathe according to their own ethics or beliefs.

Silly me.

IMHO Baphomet makes for a shitty poster boy in the argument. Folks tend to overlook his fundamental role as a yahoo, and just get their knickers in a bunch. Especially in Missouri.

3 Likes

Part of what makes this whole thing work for me is that the Satanic Temple is utilizing a cornerstone of the more extreme versions of the American Christian faith:

1. Satan is real.
  2. His followers are called Satanists. They, too, are real and are up to all manner of devilment.

Any attempts to dismiss the Satanic Temple as legal trolls flies in the face of the above canonical beliefs. Undermining the legal fortitude of the Satanic Temple undermines a core belief in their own faith.

Oh! I nearly forgot: Hail Satan!

12 Likes

Seriously, this is the most awesome comment I have ever read :slight_smile:

1 Like

We wait carefully until they slide back citizenship qualification from birth to conception to align with their beliefs

Then we hit them with the concept of an “anchor fuck”.

8 Likes

The Devil is in the detailing:

8 Likes

Well I hate to tell you but the US population has plenty of folks that are hankering to create their own Vanilla ISIS (thank Norm Goldman for introducing to that silly name). This isn’t some fringe position either it’s something that can credibly occur in the coming years if things go really bad here in the US.

6 Likes

That’s a dragon. I am sure to some people all fire breathing horned things look the same, but there is a difference.

5 Likes

“Goats are the only animals with an innate sense of democracy. That’s why they’re called ‘Nature’s President’”

• Grass Valley Greg
4 Likes

I’ve always felt this issue should be decided on first amendment - not fourth - principles.

Goats are horrible creatures. Just above pigs as far as awfulness as domestic animals go. I had a friend get chased up stairs by one on two legs with an erection.

4 Likes

I agree the statue is amazing.
I love goats, they are the best.

3 Likes

8 Likes

I think you mean 14th Amendment. 4th Amendment is against unlawful search and seizure. 14th Amendment is equal protection under the law. It is the basis for abortion rights from the outset.

1 Like

I refuse to be sucked into the ongoing, generational controversy regarding the appearance of Satan versus a dragon; the insanity must stop!

:slight_smile:

3 Likes