Satanic temple challenges abortion law in Missouri

My point wasn’t that it’s just turnabout, but that if the basis for this turnabout goes away, so does the threat it’s defending against.

3 Likes

Sentenced to 30 years for miscarriage.

9 Likes

Worse than pigs. Pigs are smart enough to know when to quit, but goats are nearly as stupid as horses and may refuse to give up whatever stupid or insane idea they have in their heads (like, dancing on your windshield) even when they are hurting themselves. Also, pigs would prefer to be clean and well groomed, but goats love to stink.

5 Likes

“Goats are stupid, mean, and hardheaded animals. That’s why they’re called ‘Nature’s President’.”

• Grass Valley Greg’s accountant
3 Likes

All good points, but I still can’t stand the sounds of pig. Their smartness makes it a little more evil, I think.

3 Likes

I think you might have got the order wrong on that one. I’m pretty sure it’s: A team of lawyers from liberty U on crack.

1 Like

Roger that. The only domestically tolerable goat I’ve ever met was gently rotating in front of an electric oven in kebab form. Pretty delicious.

3 Likes

Pretty eco-destructive too, as I understand. They can survive in fringe areas, but will overgraze them into desert by stripping the vegetation down to the dirt, which blows/washes away.

2 Likes

OH wait, I forgot there was a relevant song for the goat hate.

2 Likes

Both the egg and the zygote were alive before they got together. How does their joining up get to be “the beginning of human life”?

Obviously, the existence of these lives started earlier. Um, six thousand years earlier?

And how well has that worked out recently?

5 Likes

You have far more faith in the justice system that I.

1 Like

[a long unnecessary post that in retrospect just reinforced the commenters point deleted]

All I was saying that, for as much as we’ve been empowered, we’re seeing serious eroding of our bodily autonomy. I wish that just being empowered were enough, but laws actually matter here too. The biggest hope for positive change for women is that more women get into office. So, if you want to empower us, vote for women every chance you get.

4 Likes

Yup! Thanks!

1 Like

Paying close attention to what Jesus purportedly said, it seems like they already do…

/removes head from clouds for a moment

Point taken. I guess most real gains for women’s reproductive autonomy in recent times seem to have been achieved through tactics that may not be ideal and carried out by courageous yet imperfect individuals.

Good advice but my cognitive dissonance is still strong with this one…I see how voting for women is likely to result in an immediate improvement in women’s rights
but,
/places head back in clouds
I’m still not sure how you achieve equality in a society based on hierarchy. Sure the cards can be shuffled for a time, but it’s still the same game.

It sometimes seems counterproductive to try and do both at the same time.
I guess one starts with the immediate and slowly makes steps toward the ideal…

That’s a good point, and I’m not either. Because as things stands, improvement for women means improvement for white, women in the upper class. It’s a new group moving up, but not the whole group.

At the same time, incremental change is better than none and movement in one area means an opportunity for movement in other areas. The only way to change the fact that society is built on inequality means figuring out the root cause of it, and changing that. Doing that is a much bigger job, and we still need to deal with the society we live while figuring out this bigger questions.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.