Satisfying: 12 years' worth of filth steam-cleaned from skating rink carpet

Originally published at: Satisfying: 12 years' worth of filth steam-cleaned from skating rink carpet | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Microbes, “After a billion generations of peaceful growth, OUR CIVILIZATION BUUUUUUURNS!!!”

10 Likes

Ewwww.

7 Likes

skip to 18:20 if you don’t have time to watch 18+ mins of a rug being cleaned, and just want to see a shot of the before & after. love that carpet!

6 Likes

Guys spit on the ice all the time. It’s so gross. Only thing more disgusting is the spitting in the bench area.

6 Likes

That put me off my second morning muffin, yuck.

1 Like

Aggressive carpet cleaning reminds me of this scene which I’m sure many families can relate to:

1 Like

“Carpet in a skating rink” immediately excludes Canada as the location.

1 Like

Say what now?

1 Like

The boys down at the waste-water treatment plant went on high alert that afternoon with the sludge meters pegged out at 120.

1 Like

Yeesh, and I thought it was gross when I looked at what our carpet cleaner dragged out of our (seemingly not very dirty) carpets recently. That carpet must have felt disgusting to walk on.

1 Like

Oh yeah, Zamboni schmutz is nothing to mess around with. If hockey leagues play at the rink there’s a guaranteed presence of blood and saliva.

2 Likes

The boss was disappointed in the uppermost corner of carpet on that carpeted wall. Perhaps just installing a tack strip there might be a good idea, and also make human grease easier to clean in that spot.

2 Likes

I miss that spacey carpet pattern that you used to see in a lot of spaces in the 80s.

Our city has something reminiscent of it as a seat covering on some of the older buses, which is kinda’ nice.

1 Like

They’re based out of Georgia as I recall. Pretty sure there were plenty of skating rinks with carpet in Canada back in the day…

Any teeth?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.