Schiff: I have 'grave concerns' over Nunes' Russia investigation leak to Trump

Is it too late to say we’re sorry? :gb:

11 Likes

I don’t know, but I’ll just guess, yes, almost certainly.

2 Likes

Yes, it was a breach of trust.
But it was a patriotic breach of trust. :us::100::+1:t2:

7 Likes

Is she, legally? Doesn’t she have New Zealand citizenship?

Dunno, don’t care - she’s the Queen. She can do whatever the fuck she wants (within constitutionally mandated limits :wink: )

Also, she has a unicorn as part of her coat of arms. How badass is that!?

10 Likes

Nunes has got to be looking at some serious FSB kompromat to be this reckless.

8 Likes

Our President retweeted this.

3 Likes

One thing you have to get through your thick skulls: There is no way on God’s green earth that the GOP is going to do anything effective about Trump. He’s their guy, and even if they don’t like him they’re going to protect him.

3 Likes

This… this is hard to believe.

It would appear the President is admitting to treason in order to score points against folks that said his staff wasn’t being wiretapped. Can that be right?

I feel like Tom Cruise in A FEW GOOD MEN when he stops questioning because the witness has rights.

14 Likes

Aren’t there still laws regarding the confiscation of the property of traitors? Barron can scrape by on a trust fund or three, I’m sure.

4 Likes

When the president does it, that mean’s it’s not illegal.

1 Like

10 Likes

That’s for sure. I guess they realize if you’re above a certain level, you’re immune.

I always thought Ford’s pardon of Nixon was the beginning, but I don’t know.

5 Likes

Generally one doesn’t have a duty to report a crime, though any action taken that aids and abets that crime could be criminal. It is also not illegal to tell someone you believe they have been surveilled, though there may be consequence for revealing secret information, though in this case the question would be whether anything is secret from the president. Where it gets sticky, it seems to me, is reveling information that someone is being surveilled, which may aid and abet their criminal activity. This doesn’t seem to be illegal under ordinary circumstances, but could be seen as obsbtructon of justice in the case where someone had specific, privileged informtsitok and knowlingly shared that to impede an investigation.*

Disclaimer; I am a lawyer but not that kind of lawyer (IAALBNTKOL), and certainly not anyone here’s lawyer (IAALBNYL), so don’t take this as legal advice or even as a difinitive opinion, just my first take on this. Others with better legal knowledge feel free to step in and correct me.

5 Likes

Jesus H. Can we get our do-over now?

4 Likes

Well maybe after all he was giving Trump a signal to resign before the shit hits the fan.

1 Like

Unprecedented crime requires unprecedented resolution - new election. Trump and Pence out. Trumps EOs null, SCOTUS nomination null, GOP Senators and Congressmen that knew about this - out. New election - GOP barred from participating.

6 Likes

I’ve been thinking about this a lot lately. If the shit really does hit the fan it casts such a huge taint on Trump and anybody he’s hired or appointed, with and everything he’s done it seems like the only just thing to do is to throw it all away and start over.

Of course this will never happen.

No. It has to be This is the ONLY THING WE WILL STAND FOR.

3 Likes

Historically, American leadership has shown itself quite willing to kick an existential problem down the road for another generation to deal with. In the founding fathers day, it was slavery, they let that one fester for 75 years or so before it erupted. Then it was corporate personhood, and that’s now coming to a head. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if they balked at doing the right thing, and forced a popular uprising, with all the bloodshed that entails-rather than stop sucking at the corporate lobby teat.

3 Likes