School struggles to explain Nazi flag hanging in window

I’d encourage you to write it down, might well be therapeutic. You don’t need to publish it if you don’t want. If you have qualms, possibly change it enough so it’s anonymous. Going from toxic to improving human rights is a good thing, and you deserve credit for it, and it might encourage others to take a similar route. As you referred to, having nontoxic directions for young-uns to head in can be encouraging, even lifesaving.

8 Likes

the kids who hung this flag in the window before the big game are reveling in all the attention they got in the form of national media attention.
isn’t Boing Boing where I read that media attention is why spree killers do it?

The Gadsden flag is more likely:

2 Likes

Maybe they were advertising to get CPAC to meet there next year?

2 Likes

A neighbor two doors down from me flies a Gadsden flag. I’ve been tempted to get one of these and fly it from my place:

30 Likes

I get irked every time I see the racists flying the Gadsden flag and misappropriating its message for hate. But that ship has sailed, unfortunately.

Me, I fly an American flag. A very specific American flag. An American flag that was used relatively briefly, and an alternate design to the standard 33-star flag of 1859-1861.

Bonus: it also bears a passing resemblance to a Tie fighter, which is pleasing to the wife and I as Star Wars fans.

10 Likes

I need to get this version…

20 Likes

As a devotee of Knife Crab, I’m fond of this one.

21 Likes

That’s what Frederick collectively said last time.

1 Like

9ovngwsq5ov11

35 Likes

And @ichibut, we could make a collection, and hang a new one out daily… I’m liking all these.

8 Likes

no step en wulf

based on:

14 Likes

(Pretty sure I found this on BB in the first place)

16 Likes

A fascist tryptic trifecta, if you will.

:face_vomiting:

@agies: The No Step on Snek flag? Maybe.

@Gyrofrog: I think I need this one. LOLZ.

4 Likes

captain%2Bvon%2Btrapp%2Btears%2Bflag%2Bin%2Btwain

17 Likes

There’s a nice side-by-side gif of Pelosi at the SotU and this image floating around.

7 Likes

Presumably at National Harbor again in 2020. There really isn’t anywhere near D.C. (other than maybe specific precincts) where local politics align with those of CPAC, but P.G. County seems a really unusual choice to host it. (More) Even Anne Arundel Co. makes more sense; presumably it and the Eastern Shore are too far from D.C.?

(Yes, I know it has everything to do with it being where the sufficiently large hotel/conf. center happens to be located.)

15 Likes

tread

18 Likes

Why is there an Italian naval flag next to the Nazi flag, and why do I get the feeling it’s because they couldn’t get a Fascist Italian flag?

3 Likes