Schoolmate of Kavanaugh's accuser: "This incident did happen."

It is a bbc article. Basically numbers show that false reports are low and usually discovered early in the process.
“ Sexual assault is far more common and prevalent than false accusations”
And it also says that

10 Likes

Hmm, they need to start some international franchises…

6 Likes

For the longest time, I’ve been thinking the same thing.

Gulabi!” could be their battle-cry, to give credit to the original movement.

11 Likes

Right, most of their “rebuttals” are “it happened so long ago and he was only 17” which is admitting right out that it totally probably happened, they just don’t care. Women’s bodies are the things bright young men are allowed to make their “mistakes” on.

26 Likes

Hmm. I wish the research that the article you linked is based on had a breakdown by percentage.

But, if I’m reading the methodology correctly, there were 91 false rape accusations (there’s no numbers for sexual assault) out of 13 years and 3 months that were studied. They also said that during that time period, the average number of reports/year were reported were 195, so that would be 91 out of a total of 2,584 (rounded up), or about 3.5% that were classified as false.

So yes, rare, although not so rare that we can presume guilt. In a room of 1,000 accused rapists, that’s a minimum of 35 that are innocent. So, y’know, probably shouldn’t shoot everyone in the room just 'cuz.

1 Like

This should be required reading in every high school in every state. Maybe I am just incredibly isolated, but no, I have no concern of some woman accusing me of assaulting her because I have not assaulted anyone. Am I the only male who can say that? Really??

3 Likes

Correct me if I’m wrong, please. There is also no guarantee that he is going to stop over drinking, gambling, and punching out his friends, is there?

3 Likes

Yes, but he’s such a NICE fellow! Well, at least when he’s not drinking, gambling or punching out his friends! How’s his wife and children, by the way?

I think there are a lot of us. I never worry about an accusation because I have never assaulted anyone. I think it could be said that most men don’t, but I can’t be certain. Enough men do that we have a serious problem that must be addressed and changed.

It’s up to those of us who are not rapists to make it clear (to all men) that as men that shit is not OK.

3 Likes

Don’t forget the ones that go unreported. That’s not an insignificant number.

10 Likes

And, I mean, when men bring that “worried about an accusation” up, it’s usually along with some “well what if I try to kiss a girl on a date and she calls it rape?!?!” But this is not some “gray area of consent” or “bad date” scenario. This was pinning a girl down, preventing her from screaming, and trying to rip her clothes off.

These dudes are conflating “bumped into a woman on the bus what if she says I groped her” with “violently attacking someone.”

13 Likes

brock f’ing turner.

it’d be a shame to ruin that young man’s promising life.

ahhg!

11 Likes

Our lives, however, only exist for men’s edification. eyeroll.gif.

9 Likes

I love how rapists always seem to assume all the other men are just like them in order to stir up their panic. Good… more of the bastards should avoid women totally. Some of them should also avoid men and children.

11 Likes

Yes.
Yes, it is.

Crikey but sometimes The Onion is more on point than the actual news media.

13 Likes

In one lifetime I’ve been raped more times than I really care to count. I’ve shot… let’s see… no one. Really tired of the attempts to make being accused or suspected of rape into an equivalence. I’ll never get those years back. I would rather have served them in solitary.

6 Likes

Remember Republicans - if you are supporting Trumps SC nomination, you are Conspiring with a Conspirerer.

3 Likes

Convicted rapist

brock f’ing turner

Don’t forget.

10 Likes

Can’t produce more men without your help. so there’s that!

1 Like

I am so sorry. Really, there are no sufficient words…

1 Like