Science reveals that extremely deep bass makes people dance more

Originally published at: Science reveals that extremely deep bass makes people dance more | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Scientists finally showed up to the rave.

7 Likes

I think the chemists had been there for some time.

11 Likes

7 Likes

I prefer to sit

13 Likes
4 Likes

I was part of a huge study on this. It lasted years, using some very cutting edge organic chemists and extremely powerful electronics. Our conclusions were identical to the above findings

16 Likes

The peer review was excellent on that project.

14 Likes

I’m sure we’ve had this exact same conversation about this before. Or possibly not

Too much Science makes it hard to remember sometimes.

12 Likes

Ah, the old days, when for a while I thought this was by Mark and Lard.

10 Likes

Remember Out on Blue Six what Mark did before they went all Afternoon Radio One? Was on a Friday evening and he used to play proper weird stuff.

6 Likes

Sulzer RTA74C 7 cylinder Slow speed two stroke reversing Marine Diesel
fuel rack/cam shaft level for the win. Ting Tings “thats not my name” with full body bass.

4 Likes

No. Such. Thing.

5 Likes

Speak up! I can’t hear you!

7 Likes

As Grendel said: “There is no rest, As we’re living by the bassline”

3 Likes

Tough to flyfish for deep bass, so you gotta get the lead out!

6 Likes

Someone out there is probably already working on some way to connect low frequency sounds to the Dancing Plagues of Europe in the hopes of getting a low-grade publication and/or TV segment and/or book deal. (Aliens? Weather patterns? Tectonic effects? Architectural trends? One of 'em will sell.)

1 Like
2 Likes

When we rehearse and the choral director asks the basses to do a section on their own, sometimes I swear she does it not because they need the help but because you can actually see everyone slightly melt when they hit the lowest notes. There’s just something about that deep, deep bass tone that hits you at the core of your being.

4 Likes

You rang?

The Addams Family Smile GIF

4 Likes