Scientific Giants of All Time: Donald Trump's Gut

emails?

(9 character limit strikes again!)

1 Like

Was Hawking in a wheelchair in 72?

Edit: Diagnosed in 1963, used wheelchair from 1969. Possibly was the longest-lived person with ALS.

2 Likes

I thought the opinion was that he had a different form of motor neuron disease, like PLS

1 Like

The white sheep of the family who hogged all the brain cells…

2 Likes

His guts are over-inflated.

1 Like

And Trump’s every thoughts start with “I, the leader”.

1 Like

This whole comic is an excellent use of irony. A gem, Bolling, A+.

1 Like

From that study in Science News:

What’s more, antibiotics that lowered the amount of bacteria in the gut led mice to secrete less mucus. The animals seemed to keep the extra nitrogen that wasn’t going to feed gut microbes for themselves, allowing the rodents to grow bigger. That finding could help explain why antibiotics promote growth in farm animals.

People shouldn’t change their diets to consume less protein based on any one study alone, says Katrine Whiteson, a microbiome researcher at the University of California, Irvine. However, she says, “generally eating lots of plants and getting a lot of fiber is likely to be a healthy diet, and that by nature would mean eating less nitrogen.”

Well, dangit, I’ve been eating a lot of vegetables and fiber, despite my pals on paleo diets and keto diets etc. Must not be nearly enough.

I feel like Michael Pollan’s “Eat food, not too much, mostly plants” quote is in line with the Science News study, but not with all the bacon-addicted paleo folks who, AFAICT, conveniently forget one menu item in particular:

Add in the reports of inter-species cave fucking. I wonder… Is that why Europeans think all others are cannibals come for our women? Because that’s what we did?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.