Trump's latest senior science nominees are a talk-radio ignoramus and a career poisoner

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/07/21/we-are-fucked.html

2 Likes

Yeah, but you can be darned sure that he has sworn personal allegiance to der Trumpster and won’t recuse himself.

11 Likes

I wish he’s start shocking us by not making every appointment a Bizarro World one.

By the way, his latest contribution to the judicial branch, John Bush, was a right-wing bloggers who parroted Birther statements and who equates abortion with slavery:

“the two greatest tragedies in our country — slavery and abortion —relied on similar reasoning and activist justices at the U.S. Supreme Court, first in the Dred Scott decision, and later in Roe.”

17 Likes

At this point, I’m pretty sure he’s going to nominate anyone who will pledge absolute loyalty to him and is willing to take the job.

15 Likes

I for one am glad to see Alfred Hitchcock doing something other than just lying around. Nice 'stache too.

6 Likes

17 Likes

Is he one of those Bushes?

1 Like

Boofed.

Did he really say “boofed?”

That should disqualify him right there.

12 Likes

Trumpt believes he should be the smartest man in the room. Hiring folks below that bar really drags the net across the bottom of the cesspool.

16 Likes

Remember this gambit from a while ago?

I think this fellow (who is not actually a lobbyist) was quite sensible: hand soap isn’t toxic, but you probably wouldn’t want to drink a glass of that either. These guys, however, seem like the sort who might be prepared to make outrageous claims and then be not quite so sensible. Hmm.

4 Likes

Didn’t Mr, Burns do that with the three-eyed fish twenty-some years ago on The Simpsons?

4 Likes

Par for the course.

Also, it’s a myth that Einstein had bad grades at school. Well, except for French.
He started school in Germany and finished in Switzerland. The German system uses grades from 1 to 6, 1 being the top grade. The Swiss system uses grades from 6 to 1 - with 6 being the top grade.
One of his early biographers didn’t quite catch that, and the rest is history.

15 Likes

Man, when people start boofing science, you know it’s all over.

Or maybe it’s just begun…

3 Likes

Exodus 22:18

1 Like

With ethe Trump administration, it’s Dunning-Kruger all the way down.
There’s already a lawsuit over the USDA position, as the position legally requires a scientist “with specialized training or significant experience in agricultural research, education, and economics.”

That was always true. The difference now is that that pool is shrinking, and the people leaving the pool are the more qualified ones.

10 Likes

Skepticism is welcome in science. It’s one of the founding principles. He may not even realize that.

Having never taken science in the classroom, the optimist’s view is that maybe the other scientists can start teaching him the basics. And he’ll have so much fun learning about science that he’ll be the biggest climate change champion to ever hold the office.

Okay, probably not. But I’m willing to be pleasantly surprised.

4 Likes

9 Likes

Who will boof the the boof-man ?

Veni, vidi, boofed.

For whom the boof tolls

Will boof for food.

SHOW ME WHAT YOU’VE BOOFED

sorry I’m waiting for my 11 AM radio show to begin.

5 Likes

Hmmm… What does that bring up to mind…?

6 Likes

You know back when he was a real estate developer, Trump did manage to hire competent people. He was crap at finances, so he went through bankruptcy multiple times, but none of the buildings he had built or renovated have fallen down yet.

1 Like