Scientists say Loch Ness Monster could have been real

Originally published at: Scientists say Loch Ness Monster could have been real | Boing Boing

4 Likes
18 Likes

They said “freshwater plesiosaurs were a thing. Prior to 66 million years ago when they died out.” Only the press can translate that into “Lock Ness Monster might be real!”

20 Likes

There’s also the temperature. Marine reptiles lived in warm seas. A freshwater lake that rarely gets above single-digits celsius? Not likely.

6 Likes

The Loch is freshwater?? According to The Ballad of Nessie she cried herself a lake when she had been evicted from her old pond, so I figured it was salty.

4 Likes

So Close Nbc 90Th Special GIF by NBC

8 Likes

Previously there were four things that made it completely impossible - now there are only three!

8 Likes

I guess the fact Loch Ness was filled by a glacier until a few tens of thousands of years ago doesn’t matter?

9 Likes

The Lock Ness Monster could have been a contender. However, after years of struggling to keep shape on only a diet of freshwater fish and the occasional tourist, he realizes the time has come to throw in the towel. Ness has always been shy and introverted and will no longer be taking calls or answering fan mail. We ask that you respect his privacy in this time of the morning.

2 Likes

Yep, it doesn’t matter. Coming up with more bullshit to get around inconvenient facts is super easy, barely an inconvenience. Nessie, or Nessie’s ancestor, was clearly frozen in that glacier and then thawed out - Captain America or Avatar Aang style.

6 Likes

Uhm, no.

7 Likes

The real Loch Ness Monster is the friends we made along the way.

12 Likes

Any excuse to post one of my favorite shows from the 70s.

4 Likes

Maybe we’re the real monster?

6 Likes

For some reason, this reminds me of Weird Al’s Rye or the Kaiser.

1 Like

Never mind that. It was a firth until the last ice age!

(In other words, until about 12,000 years ago, it was connected to the sea and filled with salt water)

3 Likes

Scientists say Loch Ness Monster could have been real

Scientist says that Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny have unnatural relations with a goat… see? I said it!

2 Likes
1 Like