Scott Adams, of "Dilbert" fame, threatens legal action over tweet mocking him

Exhibit 1: yachts

Um, the prosecution rests, your honor.

13 Likes

I sure hope so, but given the surplus of stupid that seems to be leaking out all over everything, ya gotta double check.

2 Likes

I’m sure a protracted court case over Scott Dilbert being called the Louis Farrakhan of incel white nationalists will in no way cause their to be any strong association of Scott Dilbert with being the Louis Farrakhan of incel white nationalists. When he is victorious, he will forever be known as Scott Dilbert, who is NOT the Louis Farrakhan of incel white nationalists.

17 Likes

Luxury cars are the fastest to depreciate. In fact, luxury goods in general tend to be infamous for quick loss of value…

12 Likes

Fair way to think about it.

No one is ever “owed” anyone else’s time or attention; just like respect and wisdom, it needs to be earned.

Just%20earn%20it

8 Likes

I like beaches, but the news about the Indian Ocean tsunami in 2004 was really disturbing

Like, water can just get mad and eat everybody

Even if global warming didn’t exist it would still be a problem

8 Likes

That’s absolutely what he was saying in the beginning; he was impressed by Trump’s persuasiveness and was excited to support someone nobody thought would win, more out of petty obstinance than anything – eagerness to be proved right. And then when Trump won, he seemingly went down a rabbit-hole of Trumpism, to the point where he’s now one of his go-to defenders and is actively proclaiming that Trump didn’t say the things he actually said and that liberals are just under a sort of mass hallucination caused by the media.

I don’t care.

16 Likes

I remember watching that while pregnant and being horrified by the sheer destructive capacity.

8 Likes

Somewhere Barbara Streisand’s ears are burning

7 Likes

I wonder if, when he began the strip, Adams’ “troubled” mind knew subconsciously that an anagram of Dilbert is “tribled”?

1 Like

Anyone else just skimming this thread for the “welcome so-and-so” flag, because any such new user is likely to be Adams himself?

I used to really like the guy. Bought several of his books and everything. Then Trump happened and I realized Adams was truly a piece of human crap.

6 Likes

Yes, the difference between the two is astounding. Not only is XKCD the smarter, nerdier of the two, it’s also exquisitely artful in a way that Adams could never have even attempted with Dilbert. And that artfulness is often expressed through true nerdistry.

8 Likes

Christ what an incel

15 Likes

It’s sad when people live long enough to become their own parody account.

23 Likes

I know a few people with beach houses, this covers all of them.

9 Likes

OMG… so stealing that. Well done sir/madam/hivemind/etc well done!

4 Likes

Visit the world-famous Southernmost Concrete Object!

Near that site I once saw a brave chicken try to chase motor vehicles away from her chicks

8 Likes

https://dilbert.com/strip/2019-09-22

The first few times Adams did this comic, I figured that maybe it was Dilbert that didn’t get it, as the character was portrayed as clueless on that subject. After seeing the nth variation of it, I don’t think that it’s Dilbert.

3 Likes

his own house isn’t exactly on the beach

so i guess he’s neither rich nor smart

5 Likes

Is it a coincidence that KKK has titles like “Master Wizard”?

10 Likes