SCOTUS Shenanigans Watch

Q: How many Coca-Colas can you drink before your’re soaking?

A: None, soaking doesn’t count.

5 Likes

He also allegedly said he was angry about recent mass shootings, and feared Kavanaugh would further weaken gun control laws.

Yeah, so maybe not so much of a lib left wing terrorist, eh? I mean, if Kavanaugh is too liberal for you, you probably don’t hang with AOC and the gang, you know?

9 Likes

Don’t forget, international airports are considered “borders” as well, so we would need to add 100 miles from those as well.

11 Likes

Uh, what? Wouldn’t weakening gun control laws make it easier to get guns, and thus not be a (traditionally defined as) liberal position?

4 Likes

So, pretty much everywhere then. CBP was TFG’s goons of choice.

2 Likes

Misread on my part, or poorly worded sentence. “Further weaken gun control laws” to me means weaker gun control, easier gun purchases. But who knows anymore.

9 Likes
20 Likes

technically, a liberal state is a state which contractually guarantees some set of rights to its subjects as individuals, and in some sense, society emerges out of that set of protected rights.

So, gun rights can be included amongst those contractually guaranteed rights, but the society that emerges therein may not be to your liking.

It’s definitely not to my liking.

she went as far as to press 29 Republican state lawmakers in Arizona — 27 more than previously known — to set aside Joe Biden’s popular vote win and instead “choose” presidential electors, The Washington Post reports.

Get rid of C. Thomas. Why wait?

15 Likes
7 Likes

Getting warmer…

14 Likes

6 Likes

Isn’t that the sort of thing that an officer of the court is required to report? The Bar Committee should investigate.

11 Likes
11 Likes

some background on that case ( i hadn’t heard about it before )

Justice Barrett said when Chief Justice Rehnquist wrote the opinion in Dickerson, he did not say Miranda warnings were a constitutional right. “It seemed very carefully worded to say ‘constitutional rule’ or ‘constitutionally required.’” Chief Justice Roberts said Rehnquist chose his words carefully and only addressed the constitutional underpinnings and constitutional basis of Miranda.

constitutionally required, but not a right. sure. of course :confused:

looking for it, i also stumbled upon this new republic article:

“june of doom” :crying_cat_face:

14 Likes

Okaaaay. Have you met his wife?

11 Likes

“He is a man who cares deeply about the court as an institution.”, sure.

Cares about the effects of that court as an institution on the rest of the country, not so much.

Fiat “iustitia” et pereat mundus

10 Likes
14 Likes

Not a chance in hell he will, but should at least make him a little uncomfortable? Somehow I doubt even that…

12 Likes

Clarence Thomas has a bit of a paranoid streak.

https://digitalcommons.csbsju.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?referer=&httpsredir=1&article=1110&context=psychology_pubs

4 Likes