SCOTUS Shenanigans Watch

9 Likes

Itā€™s not like he paid back the loan.

3 Likes

Extortionist Snake on a Plane. Clever way to worry conservatives into making him happy thenā€¦ and onward.

3 Likes

Looks like SCOTUS gun lobbyists and monied proxies missed a step! Quelle dommage.

4 Likes

Whatā€™s everyone so upset about? Clarence Thomas just made a little oopsie. How is anyone supposed to survive on just slightly under $300,000/year? /s

3 Likes

$1.5 million book advances just donā€™t stretch out like they used to 'ya know.

5 Likes

the robes are gucci iā€™m sure

4 Likes

Surely.

4 Likes

Not to mention, who doesnā€™t believe that owning a luxury RV is as necessary for life as water and air?

4 Likes

He favored lighter colored things long before that.

2 Likes

I guess if the folks you hobnob with are multimillionaires or better, $300k is pauperā€™s wages, but come on nowā€¦ Thatā€™s more than most pediatricians make, and I can assure you, we are not wondering where our next meal is coming from. Let us just say, my sympathy is limited.

7 Likes
5 Likes

But of course he is.

1 Like

Dammit dammit dammit:

2 Likes

Angry Al Pacino GIF by Arrow Video

5 Likes

I didnā€™t read the guardian article so donā€™t know if it has same info as the one below. It has a list of things that were ā€œfast trackedā€ and some seem way less urgent (not necessarily less important) than this to me.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Oh, for sure these ā€œgiftsā€ are taxable income. A one-time gift of some trifling amount of cash (10k?) is exempt because Congress canā€™t be arsed to index anything against inflation. Bequeathments below, what, $10M?, are exempt, but everything else is taxable. Which sucks for anyone getting student loan forgiveness, because itā€™s taxable.

But you know what? If what took down Al Capone takes down Clarence Thomasā€¦Letā€™s DO THIS. Corrupt SOB belongs in jail, not sitting comfortably on the highest court in the US. Can his wife finally be charged for her role in organizing insurrection, too, please?

5 Likes

Bribe. The word is bribe. B-R-I-B-E.

6 Likes
3 Likes