SCOTUS Shenanigans Watch

/Satire:

1 Like

You misspelled “mudsill.”

5 Likes

Ha! Currently working on an exterior wall project and I had to think twice about that one.

7 Likes
7 Likes

Bad flashing and steps that drained towards the house led to rotten mudsill.

That’s oddly poetic.
Also, I now have a mental image of Jack Torrance sitting in the lobby of the Overlook Hotel, typing this sentence over and over and over again. And so have you.

1 Like

Musk takes SEC ‘Twitter sitter’ consent decree appeal to US Supreme Court

Elon Musk’s lawyers are again trying to get the world’s richest man out of his “Twitter sitter” consent decree with the US Securities and Exchange Commission via an appeal to the US Supreme Court.

Filed yesterday [PDF], Musk’s legal team repeats the same general argument it has made since Musk and the SEC signed an agreement in 2019 that required a lawyer to vet tweets from the Tesla supremo that could have an material effect on the company or its investors.

[…]

4 Likes

Re-litigate, jurisdiction-shop, ensure regulatory capture, max out appeals, maybe threaten judge, prosecutor, staffers… and delay delay delay enforcement.

Their brand is unmistakable and like any real luxury brand, only available to the extremely wealthy and well-connected.

Laws are for little people. /s

5 Likes

No need for the /s; that’s exactly the mindset here.

2 Likes
7 Likes
4 Likes
1 Like

This shouldn’t be a controversial charge. Every insurrectionist (I hate when they use “rioter” or worse, “protester”) and every person who plotted the interference scheme materially obstructed an important official proceeding.

11 Likes

Will he do the proper thing?

SCOTUS watchers everywhere await with bated breath.

8 Likes

I feel like you forgot the /s tag. Sadly. :slightly_frowning_face:

12 Likes
5 Likes

Ha Ha Ha Reaction GIF by Siemens

4 Likes

Angry Alan Rickman GIF

2 Likes

Remember all those rules and codes that prevent lower courts from having rich patrons like SCOTUS does?

The ChristoKochs.

5 Likes

In early January 2000, Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas was at a five-star beach resort in Sea Island, Georgia, hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt.

11 Likes

If you’re in financial distress- maybe don’t buy a $300,000 rv at the same time? Around $600,000 today.

The party of personal responsibility.

16 Likes