SCOTUS Shenanigans Watch

So much for the endless whinging from the right about “activist judges”… :rage:

Frustrated Parks And Recreation GIF

They’re ripping up the constitution, but we’re all kind of distracted by the stupid-ass debate last night… :sob:

11 Likes

Hard to say how many on SCOTUS believe they are key in making the [Christian biblical] End of Days happen sooner, but from where I am, it sure seems like they are deeply committed to us getting there ASAP.

11 Likes

This is exactly what I couldn’t articulate… if ■■■■■ is going to sit on the throne of hell, they have to manifest perdition first. It’s like a juridical counterpart to that evangelical “get all the Jews to Israel so Jesus can come back and smite them” thing.

I don’t know, it tracks in my head but sounds ridiculous when I say it aloud. The truth is simpler- they’re just dismantling as many obstacles to autocracy as they can. Maybe ■■■■■ won’t win in November, but someone will eventually and when that happens, the way will be open.

9 Likes

Los Angeles Anniversary GIF by The Paley Center for Media

10 Likes

Angry Fuck Me GIF

7 Likes

butimagineifwe

16 Likes

Cross posted

13 Likes
14 Likes

10 Likes

Remember, unlike the EPA, the courts are most qualified to regulate Nitrogen Oxides-- upon failing chemistry, they decided to become lawyers instead of doctors.

10 Likes

from

16 Likes
10 Likes
11 Likes

The Biden administration shut down this program and refunded every cent back to the industry, so there is no live controversy anymore. Nonetheless, the Supreme Court took up the case as a vehicle to target Chevron, a landmark 1984 decision.

Another strawman case without a real plaintive.

12 Likes

[ETA]

:thinking:

5 Likes

11 Likes

I was just thinking about that today, that this is a continuation of Jan. 6th to some extent…

Monday, I believe one of the last cases they’ll announce is the immunity issue. :rage:

10 Likes

Yep. And I am not finding myself able to hold onto much hope for that one.

9 Likes

https://www.sfchronicle.com/opinion/openforum/article/supreme-court-conservative-law-alito-chevron-19546140.php

The Supreme Court’s overturning of Chevron means key policy decisions will be decided by judges with no relevant expertise, rather than expert regulators.

10 Likes
8 Likes