SCOTUS Shenanigans Watch

Me too! That gives me a little bit of hope…

I’d love that.

11 Likes
14 Likes
9 Likes
12 Likes

Dem senators ask DOJ to investigate Clarence Thomas for possible tax law violations

11 Likes

Archive link for those of us outside the US who are apparently all geoblocked by TheGrio

12 Likes
9 Likes

AOC just filed articles of impeachment against Thomas & Alito.

:+1::+1::+1:

21 Likes

I think i asked this question earlier. Probably more hopeful than i feel, but…

8 Likes

If only people were willing to get as passionate about this as they are about sabotaging the Democratic party’s chances of winning the election with bread and circuses.

10 Likes

Before the Supreme Court’s next session, I’d love to see an independent polling firm gather data on whether or not the general public thinks each Supreme Court justice’s impartiality could “reasonably be questioned” on some of the big issues facing the country. Then if the Supreme Court faces a case that deals with that issue, that polling data could provide ammunition in a request for the affected justice(s) to recuse themselves as per the statute.

A justice saying “I don’t think my impartiality could be questioned” in the face of a poll that states that 73% of the population believes otherwise (for example) smells funny and perhaps Chief Justice Roberts would think of how history will view his Court and have a quiet word with that justice.

5 Likes

The survey from The Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research found that 7 in 10 Americans think the high court’s justices are more influenced by ideology, while only about 3 in 10 U.S. adults think the justices are more likely to provide an independent check on other branches of government by being fair and impartial.

13 Likes

That is for the Court as a whole. I’d be more interested in data on each individual justice. Who does America generally think can be impartial on abortion, immigration, civil rights, etc.

1 Like

I guess that gives you a project.

7 Likes

Bette Midler shares her opinion about a few members of the court:

:clap:t4:

10 Likes

Disapprove is such a mild way to put it!

8 Likes

New York Times: The Supreme Court Is Gaslighting Us All

gift link

Behavior like this has a name: gaslighting, a form of psychological manipulation that involves making people doubt their own, accurate perception of reality. If the term has gotten a workout in recent years, that’s because a lot of people are engaging in it. The right-wing justices have become masters of the form, telling the American people again and again not to believe what they see with their own eyes.

9 Likes

Victim-claiming is an awesome term for so much of what spews from the mouths of today’s incessantly whining, snowflakey rightwingers. Biden could be doing a lot better if he would repeatedly point what a mewling, delusional manchild Tromp is in this way.

14 Likes
9 Likes

the fallout continues

10 Likes