Screaming man threatens shoppers at Florida Costco

Ahh- so there is a reason.

I admit to not knowing Florida very well, despite having family that lived there for years- and promptly moved out when they finally realized it was a hellhole

7 Likes

The empty jingo t-shirt is a dead giveaway – it reminds me of the “poor impulse control” forehead tattoo from “Snow Crash”.

It’s “freedumbing” right-wing idiots like this Florida Man who’ve kept local municipalities in the U.S. from enacting mask bylaws despite the scientific consensus regarding their efficacy mitigating droplet-borne spread.

26 Likes

Conservatives don’t believe in common decency.

11 Likes

It’s knowing Florida that would be an embarrassing admission.

8 Likes

Denialism is probably the real reason, when reaility is too much to deal with- because ignoring it has got to be the only way these people can cope with being so damn wrong, and knowing human lives lost might be on their conscience

9 Likes

How about: Ruining the world since 1861?

3 Likes

The difference being that Raven, as written, was cool.

12 Likes

That’s sucks, I’m sorry to hear it. I can leave the bagel cafe and not return. It’s not so simple when it’s work. Good luck with everything.

17 Likes

The part I’ve never understood is that the old people most vulnerable to Covis-19 are Trump’s base, and they are also more likely to vote by mail rather than stand hours in line, yet he adopts policies almost explicitly designed to literally decimate or disenfranchise his base.

21 Likes

It’s an attitude co-morbid with the Just World Fallacy as indulged in by conservative white cisgender males. They can’t countenance the idea that they’re in the place they are due in large part to random good luck, and therefore are even less willing to acknowledge that the same chaotic universe can deal them a bad hand. Denial is their only recourse.

Yes, and the implication was that the tattoo was imposed on him by one of the corporate justice outfits that replaced government law enforcement. This t-shirt is an arsehole voluntarily and visibly identifying himself as such to the general public.

23 Likes

My landlord sent me a picture of him with this shit to dick with me last week after his wife found out I was liberal.

These people have universally atrocious taste in clothing with catchy “sayings”

18 Likes

Aren’t you obliged to add “derp” to that comment? :wink:

23 Likes

I ran into my local Trumper recently, after not seeing him for months during the lockdown. He was wearing this flimsy disposable (and worn-out) paper mask he got for free somewhere, that looked like he’d been using it for the entire lockdown. I got the impression he kept it in his car and only used it for places that required him to wear a mask for entry. If/when I run into him again I’m going to ask if he even owns a cloth mask, then offer to give him one of mine, see what he says.

I’m kind of hoping it devolves into a debate about masks in general, because I really want to point out to him that masks work, and that they’ve only become a political issue because conservatives have made it a political issue. Kind of like how nobody disputes that condoms work, but that they’ve become an issue for religious people based on dogma alone.

13 Likes

No, but was ready to help him understand the difference between public property and private property.

9 Likes

“Sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of the gunshot that killed me.”

10 Likes

If I had realized what conservatives would become when I started in this field, I would have picked another career.

I am currently starting to think I need to look for one because these people are not going to get better they are only going to get worse.

Unfortunately if I fell back on teaching with my Japanese degree, I learned firsthand how quickly language teachers even overseas don’t have work when a recession hits, and I’m pretty sure this is happening now all over again, so at least in my case I can’t fall back on what I did before this either.

Life for all is vexing now, to say the least- but some like me are finding it even more trapping.

12 Likes

I’ve heard that a loose fitting hood works as well as a mask, so long as the bottom of the hood is tucked in to the neck of a robe emblazoned with some sort of cross motif. I’d have thought that the Traditionalists would have been eager to wear that sort of PPE.

17 Likes

The perp learned well his lessons from America’s police forces.

He did as they do. Cops yell “stop resisting” in a mantra like cadence well before initiating contact with a subject. Now we see that that lesson is oaying dividends to beligerent white supremecists who bristle at the slightest “offense” to their delicate feefees.

I hope some intertubz sleuth outs him as a first step toward unemployment and enduring internet fame.

9 Likes

Now I expect to see a Karen “feeling threatened” at a Walmart while simultaneously engaged with and fully involved in her knitting.

Me too. I made a fairly concerted attempt to find work in the food justice field I originated in, but didn’t have much success before taking my current job (that I am currently furloughed from). I really have no desire to return. Thankfully, they’re fairly progressive, but I’m pretty sure one of the owners still doesn’t get why he should have to wear a mask and I dread the confrontation.

8 Likes