The screaming no-masker was fired from his job

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/08/the-screaming-no-masker-was-fi.html

13 Likes

I have trouble squaring the manic dickhead in the video with the man praised as the best salesguy in the company. As a white guy, I have the same disconnect with the police. The ubiquitous cameras are changing everything.

17 Likes

Well, not exactly “racignation” this time. “Maskignation” doesn’t have quite the same ring to it, though, plus I suspect he holds some rather Trumpian views of the world. So…

Racignation it is.

7 Likes

Emaskulation?

69 Likes

Cameras were already everywhere. And I’m pretty sick of having cameras pointed everywhere myself. You don’t have to be doing anything wrong to dislike a society where you feel surveilled at all times by someone.

That being said, if cameras are going to already be everywhere it’s about goddamn time they did something of use and getting this asshole fired sends a pretty good message.

Unfortunately it’s a double-edged sword for anyone who does anything but toe the line in society because who knows who points a camera at you next for what reason- showing this asshole for what he did is a good one but who’s to say Maga people won’t pick this up and start using it to doxx people who tell them to wear a mask?

For now I hope it just becomes a tool for good, puts racist asses and bad cops in a place of accountability

18 Likes

If you think about it, sales guys are often very bro-dude, and pushy. There’s a culture of bro behavior in a lot of sales arenas.

50 Likes

53 Likes

Really? The super aggressive guy seems like a lock for top selling insurance agent.

28 Likes

Oh, nice one! Yes, let’s go with that for the mask hating folks who get fired.

9 Likes

Weird. I don’t. But then I’ve been around a lot of salespeople. Especially “top salespeople”.

My wish is he will learn and grow from this, but I doubt it. Instead, I’m sure he will blame anything and everything else – especially the person who filmed and posted his shitty behavior – long before he ever looks inward.

It would be nice to be wrong though. Still. Backwards sunglasses.

As an aside, from some reason I had it in my head that “hot yoga” was sexual. I expect I’m not well versed on the varieties of yoga.

22 Likes

Nope; it’s literally mid-level yoga practiced in a hot ass room, so everyone is extra sweaty.

29 Likes

Thank you. I’d considered googling it, but wasn’t sure where it would lead.

27 Likes

There’s nothing sexy about hot yoga. It was popularized by professional creepy guru Bikram Choudhury.

Give me goat yoga instead any day.

34 Likes

Some sales guys try to bully their customers into sales.

Women seem to get it more than men.

In enterprise software sales, there’s actually a technique called the “License Compliance Shakedown”.

Being a bully in sales could well result in being the best sales guy (as long as you know when to turn it off).

8 Likes

Ow.

33 Likes

14 Likes

Hopefully another raging anti-mask asshole will be fired from his job in November of this year.

54 Likes

Remember after the “Unite the Right” Nazi/Confederate show of force a couple of years ago when there was a rash of bros getting doxxed and axed?

Maybe this will be that kind of thing for 2020.

5 Likes

You’re doing it wrong.

8 Likes

Yup. Last insurance sales rep I dealt with was super charming until he realized that he wasn’t going to be able to talk me out of my “no, I don’t want your shitty product” stance. Things turned nasty in a hurry.

This doesn’t surprise me in the slightest.

33 Likes