Seal donut

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/09/02/seal-donut.html

9 Likes
  1. The seal in neutrally buoyant.
13 Likes

When I was a wee lad, I imagined a future full of jetpacks and floating skyscrapers. It’s 40 years later on and I don’t have a flying car or a home in the clouds, but I could have a levitating seal donut and that may be good enough.

18 Likes
  1. Experimental genetically modified seals who are keen on looping around a common pivot point. Attach some copper wire and magnets, and we’re looking a a new clean energy source!
7 Likes

Clean? Have you seen seal poop?

Note: I’d buy a vehicle that was powered by seals.

10 Likes

e35

12 Likes

I’m betting that tank has the same sort of industrial pumps and filters used on the Playboy Mansion hot tub.

5 Likes

I, for one, welcome our new levitating psychokinetic seal overlords. All hail seal lords! Arf! Arf! Arf!

10 Likes

It’s been done.

8 Likes
  1. The seal’s blood has been replaced with rheomagnetic fluid. Very strong magnets are used to rotate the seal.

2. The center is a microblack hole. The seal is at the event horizon orbiting at the speed of light. Seal poop is actually spaghettified seal.

10 Likes
  1. This is a visual explainer for Tenet.
2 Likes

Did anyone else “of a certain age” look at this picture and immediately hear the Superfriends theme music and Aquaman’s telepathy sound effect in their head?

Superfriends Intro

7 Likes

And subjectively cute. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Explains “Krispy Kreme” recipe.

7 Likes

Cream filled or bust. :yum:

7 Likes

And that leads me to the only right answer: the seal is cake.

8 Likes

But that would mean then that the seal is a lie and that is not a world I want to live in.

6 Likes

Two outta three ain’t bad.

2 Likes

I believe various mad scientists have been trying retrieve samples of that water for biological weapons research.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.