Seal leaps onto boat to escape orcas

Those little grey seals are doppelgangers of my fat cat…
(darn, can’t find a proper photo of the land seal)

2 Likes

Seal leaps onto boat to escape orcas

So? Wouldn’t you?

4 Likes

wow, the look on that seal’s face… “please let me stay. please.”

7 Likes

Orcas can’t complain.

6 Likes

8 Likes

now please edit that video so Seal’s face is on that seal, and the circle shall be complete.

3 Likes

Although that was my initial reaction, it kinda made sense as a thought when I considered it for a bit. Documentary rules and all that: you don’t interfere with the animals. That seal was only on that boat because, well, that boat was there. Because they piloted it there.

1 Like

I’d kind of read that as “I don’t really know if you’re going to eat me, but I do know that the orcas will.”

5 Likes

Also the video should have Kiss From a Rose playing in the backround.

I don’t have a clever reason for suggesting this particular song, I just like it.

If I think of a clever reason later, I will edit it in.

4 Likes

:musical_note: But we’re never gonna survive unless we get a little crazy :musical_note:

Sing it, Seal!

3 Likes
3 Likes

That boat has a seal of approval.

…i’ll get my coat :wink:

4 Likes

Below, we can see a frame from the video just seconds later:

4 Likes

Honestly, I feel that the whole documentary non-interference “rule” was made up as a moral cop-out and a tool for getting best-selling footage.

“Hey, I don’t have to do anything about that calf getting torn alive by predators. That would be interference. So now I can just film the thing and saunter off to the Nature documentary awards night, feeling good about myself.”

(Yeah, animals get eaten all the time. That’s how it goes. You can’t and shouldn’t even save them all. But when you’re actually right there, in the moment…)

[quote=“8080256256, post:34, topic:83953, full:true”](Yeah, animals get eaten all the time. That’s how it goes. You can’t and shouldn’t even save them all. But when you’re actually right there, in the moment…)
[/quote]

…I mostly just step back and watch. Predators have a right to live too.

Which is not to say that I would’ve kicked that seal off the boat. Neutrality is the idea.

I have nothing against cats, and would like pictures if you can find some; but I must submit the below as evidence in this matter.

“Land seal with aqueous colleague”.

(Photo staged, obviously. Seals are far too smelly and damp to be allowed on the couch.)

3 Likes

I’d give the ‘non-interference’ rules a little more credit. Yes, they provide convenient cover for doing nothing; but they also forbid a wide variety of mediagenic doing-something that would otherwise be even more likely.

Can’t get that shot of orcas callously toying with their prey? Bring your own prey; and break its legs/flippers before you toss it to the whales! “Killer whale plays volleyball with camera crew” won’t get a posh british voiceover; but it’ll be a youtube sensation.

2 Likes

Wow. Thanks for posting this.

Walt Disney. Lemmings.

3 Likes

Yeah, that would be an excellent example.