Sean Connery, 1930-2020

I always thought of him somehow remaining a robust 65 for the last 40-plus years.

17 Likes

VerifiableAfraidDotterel-max-1mb

23 Likes

Shocked and saddened that there’s no mention of the immortal Ramirez.image|690x461

19 Likes

The scene of Sean Connery as the dancing shaman in The Man Who Would Be King will always be my favorite memory of the man. He just seemed to intimate having found some personal peace in that moment.

17 Likes

Or The Man Who Would Be King.

23 Likes

Not many of us are fans of his misogynistic attitude. Good actor but bit of an asshole to women. He was both, it happens.

33 Likes

You never know, after all, you only live twice.

3 Likes

This part might be the best part of the story… :slight_smile:

Favorite Bond movie, favorite (and clearly the best) Bond car -

14 Likes

Nobody thinks Highlander was worth a mention? His accent totally clashed with his character’s name and his acting was much better than the romantic lead’s.

16 Likes

hell yeah! absofuckinlutly! and zardoz is a great film, especialy considering with what little boorman had to work with, the budget was a joke. there is a lot to explore in this one.

7 Likes

Ramirez was an Egyptian with a Spanish/Visigoth name and a Japanese sword. He might as well have a Scottish accent to go with all that.

30 Likes

At least he rolled his Rs.

Which reminds me, anxiously awaiting Erik Singer’s career retrospective…

1 Like

10 Likes

Wasn’t he in something else?

My favorite part is that in a movie where half the cast was supposed to be Scottish, and he was specifically not, that he was the only one with a real Scottish accent. :rofl:

27 Likes

But that’s because the Tinkertoy or Dinky car was that car, complete with a shield that popped up behind the rear window. I actually had one long before I saw a film (I think The Spy Who.Loved Me when it first came out)

7 Likes

A scotsman as a spaniard via ancient Egypt playing against a French guy playing a scotsman. An accent travesty but still such a fun movie.

18 Likes

This is what I always said to Tobias Oetiker, but he never listened.

1 Like

Almost as if it’s possible to be a great and beloved actor while also being a shitty human being, right?

6 Likes

Sean Connery was a flawed person with a problematic, if entertaining corpus of work. But what saddens me most about his passing is that he did not live to see Scottish independence. A cause for which he was an outspoken and important advocate.

9 Likes