Sean Parker defends elf wedding. Now in Quenya

Sean Parker may not be your friend (or even FB friend) but the only thing he’s guilty of is being rich.
People just love to find fault with those who succeed.

2 Likes

Meh, I’m still in the “Screw that guy” camp.

I just have the urge to scream “Nerd!” at him like Ogre in “Revenge of the Nerds”

So any criticism of the wealthy is rooted in jealousy eh? Nice way to avoid it.

1 Like

Not necessarily. I just think the wedding idea was cool and it is his money to spend as he likes. Heck, I’m a bit jealous.

3 Likes

I wish he had just done this: http://joshedwards.com/wp-content/uploads/20100821_facebook.jpg

This tale bears much in common with the wedding of Aragorn and Arwen. Aragorn went through similar difficulties with getting permission to marry in Lothlórien, which is sacred to the Elves, and indeed it is documented in The Silmarillion that Elrond’s initial reaction to having relatives of Aragorn trampling through his woods was “Oh hell no.”

The wedding itself is said to have been resplendently magnificent, though during the reception, there was an inebriated dwarf who was said to have relieved himself in the pristine Spring of Crystal, from which Galadriel refilled her mirror, causing her to lament that “the mirror never worked correctly after that.”

Weeks later, Save the Ents League was up in arms, claiming that the wedding had destroyed the environment and killed Ents that were as old as the First Age. Arwen was called an “immortality-rejecting whore” and “Lover of Men.” Likewise, many colorful insults were hurled at Aragorn, including “douchegoblin,” “dwarfwagon” and even thrak-ulûkderp, an insult in the Black Speech, the meaning of which I will not utter here.

1 Like

GDP has been a terrible way to measure an economy since before it was invented. And it was invented by people who didn’t have much more than a pen and paper.

With everything in the economy transforming as we speak, we will see a potential decline in GDP but maintenance / increase in living standards. Weird, eh?

No there definitely was damage – http://valleywag.gawker.com/the-full-damage-of-facebook-billionaire-sean-parkers-f-511236497

Massively overstated non-meaningful ‘damage’, sure. Actual damage warranting 1 a million dollars fine? Nope. The body drawing up this report are not credible in light of the facts, and it appears they were caught up in the overall eco/bad rich guy feeding frenzy.

That would be the tengwar of Fëanor, not the tengwar of Rumil.

1 Like

I see, so you know better than the 40 year old government agency known as the California Coastal Commission. Because you visited the site and know how to observe, analyze and quantify ecological damage. It must be another one of those liberal conspiracies.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.