Seattle has a food truck for dogs

[Read the post]

But does it have fair trade, organic, tree-to-table squirrel?

16 Likes

Seattle beat Portland to it.

Portlandia predicted it though.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/portlandia/s03/videos/11211097/

Edit: Changed to text link because it wants to autoplay and can’t find it elsewhere. Apologies to those who’ve been unintentionally annoyed by this pre-edit.

8 Likes

Is there a food truck for them somewhere? In Washington, the answer is YES!

Which needs to be ordered by a human and bought with human money? Not quite. That acknowledges their agency and autonomy as living things just as much as marketing fuel or windshield wipers directly towards one’s car. If a free dog cannot order food from these, then they are only treating dogs as domestic lifestyle accessories.

I can appreciate that it does make for a distinctive menu, at least.

3 Likes

?

5 Likes

made of monster, not dog.

6 Likes

And there’s even non-food food carts now!

Pulp & Deckle’s Mobile Papermaking Studio

2 Likes

Mmm, Human Menu.

3 Likes

I just rolled my eyes so hard at this story that I think I broke something in my skull.

4 Likes

Not even slightly surprised. Seattleites are just crazy about their dogs. Bars are “dog-friendly”. Even when you’re not technically supposed to have a dog with you - like in the grocery store - people just generally look the other way.

Within the past two days I’ve seen a bridal store truck and a Slack truck. I have no idea what the purpose of the latter is.

As there are no food trucks catering for cats, they have to make do by trying to hunt and consume their owners.

14 Likes

Can they be accompanied by any human or just registered service humans?

7 Likes

When properly done:

http://www.subgenius.com

3 Likes

I have yet to find a food truck that doesn’t have food my dog will eat.

8 Likes

“But is the food any good?”

When you consider that lots of dogs will eat their own poop given the opportunity, the idea of a food truck for dogs seems pretty damn pointless.

2 Likes

Not exactly. If you look closely, the hamburger is $2.50, or $17.50 in Dog Dollars.

(@RevVeggieSpam thanks for the autoplay, bro.)

7 Likes

I am not even my brother’s “bro”. Auto-play was purely unintentional. It wasn’t autoplaying before but I can see it’s started now. Changed it to a text link so as to skip that. I’d use a better link if I could find one.

2 Likes

Thank you! :smiley:

Now that there’s a food truck for them, can we keep the adorable little allergens out of at least some of the restaurants in the city?

–Allergic in Seattle

7 Likes