Seattle's Nazi tech-bros' plan: infiltrate tech industry, hire white supremacists

…I would say that the big difference is that they draw the “Those guys are ill-bred stupid cretins” line in a different place. Lower class white racists think that brown people are inherently defective. Old money WASPS with prejudice include those from Southern Europe in the “Lower Orders.” Really rich assholes think that people who aren’t legacies at Phillips or Phillips Exeter are just not “the right kind.” F-wads are always going to find a way to draw a line around “best people” that includes them so that they can look down at those who aren’t included.

3 Likes

Also remember: chiropractors.

4 Likes

“Heim und little teapot, short and stout
This is my handlebr under my snout
When I get all steamed up, hear me shout:
NEIN NEIN NEIN”

4 Likes

And, how does this Johnson guy think that his plans will make anything any different than they are now?

3 Likes

This would explain some decisions happening at Twitter unfortunately

1 Like

Hopefully “no one” is reading but its a wonder that all their chapters and .orgs haven’t all selected a single county to gerrymander themselves into and constantly vote in one of their own in Congress. . .and then corp. into some company instead of having to do this shit, their clever but not that clever, i bet they get a real kick out of what they’ve done when clearly what i stayed above is more efficient, imo

After seeing the photo of the gentleman in question, I interpreted @Peter_Brulls mention of NASA hires in a very different manner.

2 Likes

The short answer is: no.

1 Like

Choosing skin color over competency is an evolutionary dead-end.

Depriving oneself or a company of the best talent if they happen to have the wrong shade of skin tone will solve itself.

One of the reasons the Germans didn’t develop nuclear weapons during the war was they refused to believe “Jewish” science in the form of Einstein and some other major pioneers in nuclear theory and thus they lost the race to make such things.

Note: I am NOT saying one should just sit back and let nature sort this out as racism/sexism and a few other isms are abhorrent by their very nature in a free society and must not be allowed to prosper even in the short run.

1 Like

Interestingly, the Soviet Union decided that their purloined German scientists weren’t the best and went ahead with their own designs - interesting given that the US ended up buying Russian rocket motors for some jobs. John Clark in Ignition! mentions that one of the German scientists in Russia was fined for a breach of health and safety regulations, and that he considered this was an inadequate punishment given the risk taken.

I think this is a bit of an urban myth. Germany’s problems in bomb making were (a) the successful SOE raid on the Norwegian hydro plant that destroyed their supply of heavy water, (b) they did not have anywhere large and free from the risk of bombing to build an Oak Ridge, and (c ) Lack of control of the air meant they needed to develop a large ballistic rocket first. They had plenty of competent scientists, and the Jewish aspect was simply dealt with by renaming stuff - a friend once reported finding a WW2 German textbook in which a pH meter was labelled a “Wasserstoffionenkonzentrationbestimmunggeraet” though I can’t testify to it being true.

The point being that an infiltration plan might work, partly because technical intelligence doesn’t imply liberal views - consider von Guderian - and partly because the biggest problems with most organisations stem from management, which is often not very left wing either.

6 Likes

At this point how would anyone know if their plan worked. I mean, a lily white tech industry with a bunch of people with reactionary politics wouldn’t exactly be a hot news story. We’re talking about an industry that churned out the likes of Yarvin and Thiel

2 Likes

Well, the Soviet Union did only manage to get the second eleven, so to speak.
Partly because Operation Paperclip was quite efficient, partly because von Braun had deceided that he wanted to be captured by the Americans, on no account by the Soviets. And being the excellent organiser that he was, he was very proactive toward that end. Including bringing his top men with him, and, maybe even more important, extensive documentation of their work. Which gave them quite an advantage over their colleagues that went east, who had to reconstruct a lot from memory, reverse-engineering captured hardware (which was mostly stuff that the Americans had left behind) or by doing a lot of stuff all over again.

3 Likes

F[quote=“bangskij, post:32, topic:108933, full:true”]
Why do they even bother, tech is the most racist industry on the planet.
[/quote]

Seriously? I’ve worked at three tech companies and the majority of my colleagues have always been immigrants. It’s hard enough to find people with the specialized skills we need that we would never balk at sponsoring a visa for anyone with the right skills, from anywhere in the world.

What industries are you comparing it to to make that judgment? I’m certainly not saying there isnt racism in tech, but certainly less than any other manufacturing industry, extraction industries, finance, or law, just off the top of my head. I can’t think of any other major professional private sector field that is much less racist than tech.

2 Likes

Can I be a super secret double agent? fuck this sounds like the dumb ass games we’d play on the school playground as 7 yearolds… I’ll infiltrate the girl’s clubhouse! I seriously would enjoy punching people like this in the face.

I’m not sure anymore. I would’ve said the same thing as you 10 years ago. It’s definitely sexist as all get out =(

Oh the Hitler teapot! This thing actually belongs to the museum I work in, part of a collection of art teapots (don’t ask) that a collector gifted to us. What’s funny here is that the sculptor initially passed himself off as, well, not a white supremacist, and there was an article about this piece that quoted our American Art curator as he explained how it was a scathing indictment of racism and white supremacy, etc. etc.

A few years later the guy comes out and says (and I paraphrase here): “Ha! In your face! I really AM a Nazi. I love Hitler and stuff!” True story.

Edited to add: link in case anyone is interested in going down this particular rabbit hole https://www.newyorker.com/culture/culture-desk/charles-krafft-and-the-conundrum-of-nazi-art

5 Likes

It isn’t in my area. But the Silicon Valley and Pacific Northwest tech centers are legendary for it.

As you can imagine, those of us outside the techbro/brogrammer cesspools (hi, @anon62122146!) aren’t happy about our industry being characterized in the public eye by those idiots…

2 Likes

So this artifact was made by someone who is ostensibly PRO-Hitler?

That is true. I’m not saying it’s unrelated, but that is a different problem than racism.

Yes. And pro-Idaho.