SeaWorld offers delicious syringe of hot cheese

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/01/29/seaworld-offers-delicious-syringe-of-hot-cheese.html

4 Likes

Yay! More single-use plastic waste for the OCEANS! Hermit crabs are going to love these! /s

18 Likes

I’ll take, “Fill the Oceans with Plastic” for $500, Alex

8 Likes

This is bad, but it’s probably not quite as wasteful as some of the other common sources of plastic waste I’ve seen at theme parks lately. The souvenir popcorn buckets that Disney sells probably have at least 10x this much plastic. (Yet they issue self-congratulatory press releases about eliminating plastc straws.)

images

4 Likes

I hate those things:

4 Likes

ey, Lithuania started it! (not really)

I’m really struggling to figure out why this would have been green lit. It has to cost more, increases overhead (a stack of slices takes up less space than a single syringe), especially considering SeaWorld is already massively struggling in PR. It just doesn’t make any sense.

12 Likes

If only someone could invent some kind of container for the “cheese” that could be reused :thinking: Nah, that’s just crazy talk

5 Likes

Kickback?

1 Like

I’m seeing more and more plastic things made with thicker plastic these days. My only explanation is that plastic is so cheap, nearly anything is possible (as long as all environmental costs are externalized, of course).

2 Likes

Future plans to be the world mecca for intravenous feeding. Waist reduction.

2 Likes

You probably don’t have to refrigerate these abominations.

2 Likes

But at least those are meant to be taken home and put on a shelf.

Aw man, those Halloween Mickeys and Zero are cool!

Re: The concept of hot cheese syringe: This guy is shaking his head “no”.

Untitled

1 Like

Mamiya 7!

I miss medium format film rangefinders. They felt really good to use and the pictures were something special. Too bad medium format digital cameras are still so cost prohibitive :frowning: .

Oh on topic. Plastic waste for the Oceans? Someone at SeaWorld forgot to even pretend they care about conservation :rage:

3 Likes

Well at least they didn’t ask folks to pull it out of a turtle’s nose

2 Likes

I wonder whose job it is to slurp “cheese” into those things and how long it takes every day.

1 Like

Or maybe some way for the “cheese” itself to be reused. You know, the half-a-syringe worth that remains uneaten after the vict–I mean, the consumer tastes the stuff.

2 Likes

It’s disruptive. Look it up, all the cool kids are doing it.

1 Like

barncheese

3 Likes

Mmm…just the thing to inject cheez directly into the cardiac arteries! Bring your empties with you to the Shamu’s Syncope Station for a free angioplasty done in American, nacho, or cool ranch flavors!

1 Like