SEC sues ‘Frack Master’ CEO for spending investor cash on sex workers and strippers

Yeah, and I’ve never met a stripper that takes amex. In the bay area it’s usually bitcoin.

1 Like

Faulkner said he ends up in court a lot because he doesn’t like bullies.

Yeah, that’s it. Uh huh. Suuuuuure.

2 Likes

At least it went to a worthy cause. It could’ve been worse; he could have spent it on fracking.

6 Likes

I was actually talking to a mate about climate/carbon the other day, and I said something like “the people running the carbon industries aren’t idiots, they know that climate change is real, but what sort of sociopath would wilfully destroy a civilisation just for twenty years worth of hookers and blow?”.

I didn’t expect it to be quite this literally true.

5 Likes

3 Likes

I was pretty impressed as well, but I think the first paragraph is inaccurate. The $80M figure seems to come from the “The SEC alleged that Faulkner masterminded an $80 million oil and gas fraud” line further down.

Aw… that crime is not nearly so sexy.

drill baby, drill

Texas…it always seems to be in Texas. Well…not always…but all that fracking certainly seems to be putting something extra in the water that makes these guys oblivious to reality.

2 Likes

Last week I was reminded that oil and gas industry spokesmen and business leaders, even those with university degrees in relevant fields, will go to great convoluted lengths to explain away climate change. The industry requires factual scientific knowledge to function, but somehow the majority have figured out a work-around. It reminds me of the complicated equations used to figure out astronomy before Copernicus proved that the Earth revolves around the Sun, not the other way around.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.