Self-described Christian nationalist school board hopeful quotes Hitler in disturbing church speech

Originally published at: Self-described Christian nationalist school board hopeful quotes Hitler in disturbing church speech | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Here I was prepared to see yet another lily white young fascist approvingly quoting der Fuhrer. Instead I am reminded once again by this Nat-C kapo that the self-defeating ignorance of conservatives knows no limits.

27 Likes

These people seem to be trying to calibrate how much of a nazi they can be without being punched.

And surely in all of human civilization, has not one other decent person said something about educating children that they can quote. Maybe something believing children are the future, teaching them well to let them lead the way.

19 Likes

If only they had a book, a really good book, to provide them with insight into the place of children in our society.

20 Likes
16 Likes

Hmm. Aristotle was ok with slavery…but at the time there wasn’t our clear consensus that slavery is wrong, you could even kind of imagine that if he were alive today he could be persuaded otherwise. So I’m not sure he’s their guy.

12 Likes

“Self described Christian Nationalist” means the person is a neo-nazi but too chickenshit to say it openly.

Unfortunately this is becoming a necessary reminder to such dillholes…

20 Likes

keeping in mind of course that slavery in ancient greece wasn’t exactly american style enslavement:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in_ancient_Greece

Modern historiographical practice distinguishes between chattel slavery and land-bonded groups such as the penestae of Thessaly or the Spartan helots, who were more like medieval serfs

and also:

The ancient Greeks had several words to indicate slaves, which leads to textual ambiguity when they are studied out of their proper context.

6 Likes

Our gentleman here is fooling himself if he isn’t worried about his standing with some of his bedfellows; but it’s not terribly surprising to see black guys showing up among the dangerously pious.

There isn’t the whole ‘we’ve rebadged segregation objectives as matters of religious freedom’ strain that you get with the less pleasant neighborhoods in white evangelical protestantism; but in terms of apparent religiosity they actually outperform whites, overall, by a pretty substantial margin.

10 Likes

Yeah, white supremacists are garbage human beings no matter what race they are.

10 Likes

Or if they don’t want to (or can’t) read, perhaps a TV show starring a late Presbyterian minister could help. It’s a branch of Christianity, so perhaps close enough?

Indy and Cap were punching regular Nazis. Rory got to punch Hitler himself (in the episode titled “Let’s Kill Hitler” Spoiler alert: they didn’t.)!

15 Likes

Hey, what a useful idiot. His confederates can point to him as their black friend.

13 Likes

I see what you did there.

9 Likes

From what I can tell American plantation slavery seems to have been an especially bad sort, though so were some of the ancient Greek ones, like helots or their use in mines. They all suck though.

9 Likes

And thus, if YOU take control of your children, YOU will rule the world. Finally, I get it.

5 Likes

He did say “pro-God” not “pro-gun.”
With american christian nationalists the line between god and guns seems to get blurrier every day, so it’s an understandable mistake

6 Likes

Let us spray and pray.

5 Likes

Interestingly enough, when I studied Aristotle in college (Political Science) I read only those those writings… and did quite well in the class (surprisingly!).

2 Likes

There seems to be a lot of this going around:

“Education really is evangelism. If you don’t control education, you cannot control the future—Stalin knew that, Mao knew that, Hitler knew that. We have to get that back for conservative values,” Helfenbein said in a video posted by The Tennessee Holler, a left-leaning organization.

3 Likes

They’re testing to see what they can get away with. Fascists are like toddlers that way.

5 Likes