Self-proclaimed Sith Lord arrested for trying to assassinate Queen of England

Yeah, there’s a Wetherspoon’s within 2000 feet of the Queen’s private rooms. Reducing the distance to feet instead of, say 1/3 of a mile, is silly and sensationalist.

6 Likes

Self-proclaimed Sith Lord arrested for trying to assassinate Queen of England

Despite Elizabeth II, by the Grace of God, of Great Britain, Ireland and the British Dominions beyond the Seas Queen, Defender of the Faith having a list of titles requiring an A3 business card - ‘Queen of England’ is not one of them.

It’s a very long page:

7 Likes

8 Likes

I bet no one had the Queen, by a Sith Lord, with a crossbow on their dead pool.

10 Likes

The board game Clue is a lot more interesting in this iteration.

9 Likes

Not actually proscribed by the faith

3 Likes

The British developed the belief that there were “martial races” whose men made the best soldiers, including the Sikhs.

3 Likes

This is out in tinfoil beanie territory, but a snarky part of me has Her Majesty going “oh drat, that one got caught! now I shall have to start over again!” :smiley:

2 Likes

With all the weird expanded universe stuff like lightwhips, I’d be surprised if there isn’t some kind of Sith crossbow that shoots tiny red lightsabers or something. That said, this reminds me of the movie theater shooter who identified with the Joker but somehow thought he had orange hair. It’s like all the violent maniacs who explicitly identify as villains are just lazy idiots who think latching on to any culturally popular villain character makes them edgy instead of pathetic. You’re not a Sith Lord, you’re not a supervillain, you’re just a regular old murderous young male human being. Being willing to kill someone doesn’t make you special, it makes you an asshole.

4 Likes

You mean like a bowcaster?

I spent a chunk of the afternoon wondering if I was pedantic enough to write what you wrote, so I’ll respond with “I think the last Queen of England was Anne in 1707”.

(Un)fortunately she was Queen Regent rather than Queen Consort, so we don’t have to split hairs over whether “Queen of England” is a sensible title for the Royal Consort.

Does Sikhism not differentiate between military service and straight-up murder, though? I know that they have a proud military tradition, but they don’t seem like the murdering type.

1 Like

Fair enough. Virtually all religions/sects have a general list of people you can and can’t kill. Absolute non violent ones are few and generally outliers from the mainstream.

2 Likes

Maybe what he meant was that he’d played Seth Lord, like in an amateur dramatics society (though I don’t recall any particular antagonism to British royalty in The Philadelphia Story).

1 Like

Well, she was very active in an ANTIFA organisation in the 40-45 period. I have reliable sources that claim the government were even involved!!

Apparently nowadays that is something they hold against you.

4 Likes

No, no. Nothing as clumsy and random as that! An elegant weapon of a more civilized age… that shoots teeny tiny lightsabers. That look like red lines shooting through the air. Completely different.

2 Likes

By the Grace of God, Queen of England, Scotland, France and Ireland, Defender of the Faith, etc.
and later
By the Grace of God, Queen of Great Britain, France and Ireland, Defender of the Faith, etc.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.