Sen. Ron Johnson stunned when CNN asks him to back up his MAGA lies (video)

Originally published at: Sen. Johnson awkwardly lies to CNN

4 Likes
7 Likes

i see what you did there doctor who GIF

:wink:

4 Likes

Reminds me of this doofus - this one never gets old:

9 Likes

“I didn’t come prepared to give you the exact states,”

Why not?

6 Likes

in all seriousness, is there anything to his claims? even something he’s grossly misrepresenting? I would genuinely like to know what he thinks is evidence of “Democrats” doing “the same thing.”

Or is this just more of the classic, utterly baseless MAGA “I know you are but what am I” bullshit or some variation of the old “both sides” chestnut?

1 Like

Perhaps he’s referring to the half-baked plot in 1860 to kidnap Lincoln on his way to being inaugurated in D.C. and install Democrat John Breckinridge? (Because Democrats totally stand for the same values as they did in 1860, amiright?)

But no, there’s not really anything to his claim that I can find, and certainly nothing that any reasonable person from either party would try to defend.

4 Likes

He would probably have to go back to the mess of the 1876 election. After that, laws were passed clarifying the rules around electoral votes, and so doing “the same thing” isn’t possible.

2 Likes

This was like asking Trump for his favorite bible passage.

Now maybe too easy to forget, was that in the run up to the 2016 election, Trump was already preparing his mobs for the same result. He was starting to call it rigged on August 1. In addition to @RickMycroft’s comments and link, Vox’s Dara Lind wrote a history a few weeks before election day 2016:

In July 2016, Roger Stone, fanning the flames via Breitbart, was already angling for a “bloodbath.”

On Oct. 15, 2016, there was Sheriff David Clarke of Milwaukee County (now retired / seeking paid public speaking opportunities) tweeting a badly photoshopped diversity mob calling it “pitchforks and torches time.”

As you can see, it was also rolling pin, mop handle, raised fist, wooden club, axe, and machete time - in business attire only, please. Machete office guy looks to me like Peter Gabriel meets Kurtwood Smith.

Less than a month later, post-Trump election victory, Sheriff Clarke tweeted about Hillary supporters, “These temper tantrums from these radical anarchists must be quelled. There is no legitimate reason to protest the will of the people.”

I won’t link, but the tweets are still there under Elon.

1 Like

I don’t know, he didn’t provide any evidence.

The person making the claim made no representation of any kind.
That’s the trap, go online and google it and come across the crazy conspiracies they’ve set up to trick you into believing there’s something, anything, there.

You’re not a bad person for failing to believe unverified, baseless claims.
You’re also not a bad person to believe its just more bullshit without anything else to go on.

“because my accusation should be sufficient!!! You want facts as well??” /s

dipshits, the lot of them

3 Likes

I have noticed that crowd seems to think that accusations are evidence. At least in a certain direction.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.