Sen. Tuberville said Trump's Nazi rhetoric needs to go further, says reporter

Originally published at: Sen. Tuberville said Trump's Nazi rhetoric needs to go further, says reporter - Boing Boing

1 Like

Today on Race To The Bottom!

19 Likes

I finally got around to watching Spike Lee’s BlacKkKlansman last night and the ending still landed like a gut punch five years after the “Unite the Right” rally at Charlottesville. Trump finally succeeded in being the political leader David Duke always hoped to be.

There’s just no way to sugar-coat it; this man is a fascist and a committed white supremacist. His critics see it. The people who dedicated their lives to fascism and white supremacy see it. And I’m getting pretty damn tired of being asked to respect the views of anyone who still refuses to see it.

29 Likes

Leaving the questionable grammar aside, the whole “they” and “us” make it crystal clear what he is going for. It’s actually 15 words, otherwise it would be perfect.

13 Likes

Fun Fact: Kevin Willmott was a co-writer. He is a film professor in Lawrence, KS, and my best friend from HS has edited and acted in some of his earlier films.

7 Likes

Someone has to ask him: “So which Hitler speech do you think Trump should quote from next?”

And it took until Trump started literally quoting Hitler before a lot of people admitted that.

9 Likes

He was literally quoting Mussolini during his 2016 campaign, and shrugged off the people who called him out for it saying “It’s a very interesting quote.” Same deal with using the Klan’s “America First” slogan. He received and refused to disavow the explicit endorsement of David Duke.

I don’t think that Trump quoting Hitler will change a single person’s mind about him.

16 Likes

Yeah, I don’t either, unfortunately. I’m seeing media figures being more willing to call him a fascist now, but they already knew it, and the people whose minds need to change aren’t listening to them.

6 Likes

the fear the gop would like us to have over… checks notes… people. it’s wild.

milhouse van houten nyc GIF

2 Likes

Just go ahead guys and roll out the Nazi banners. You know you want to.

Three cheers for the red, white and black…

2 Likes

And when you reach the bottom, you’ll realize that there’s a basement and a few more floors.

7 Likes

Anyone who doesn’t understand the threat we face now is willfully blind. They’ve been waving it in our faces for more than 8 years, escalating every time.

13 Likes

Haven’t we all seen this movie once already?

Fuck his wet dream of Nazi 'murica.

This CAN NOT HAPPEN. You know what to do. VOTE.

3 Likes

If Trump goes further and quotes from the 8th May 1945 then he could save everyone, including Republicans, a lot of pain. He doesn’t need to bother with anything earlier.

6 Likes

Or rather, this MUST NOT happen. But I take your meaning.

6 Likes

If I have to drive five hundred miles south to see “them” then they can’t exactly be taking “us” over.

And isn’t this guy the pathetic anti-american asshole who was trying to overthrow the military with this one cool trick?

What a vile traitor to this country.

8 Likes

If you’re not a Native American you are, by definition, an immigrant.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.