Senate Republicans introduce resolution ensuring ISPs don't need your permission to sell your private data and SSN

On the nose.

3 Likes

His ISP’s probably going to charge a lot of money for his browsing history. Better crowdfund it, with each contribution of say $10 netting a contributor an electronic copy of the information.

3 Likes

I don’t know–I’m pretty sure there are a lot of Republicans that wouldn’t mind getting crewed.

2 Likes

He’s a goddamn Flake.

2 Likes

Aww f**k, that’s my senator.
I write that fucker every week. I get his newsletter and I can tell you he absolutely doesn’t give one crap about any constituent except his tea-party christians / mormons. He’s a useless rubber stamper of extreme right wing party platform. At least Mccain pretends to be a ‘maverick’ (whatever the hell that means in his world). Flake is a useless shill. Oh, and no townhalls in ‘unsafe’ areas.

7 Likes

Why assume the real impact is somewhere between those views?
Exactly. Half-way between right and wrong is still fucking wrong.

6 Likes

Well played, damned typos… Fuck it, I’m sticking with crewed!

4 Likes

Could someone with relevant expertise weigh in on whether a VPN will stop this? Are there still ways for your ISP to MITM you?

1 Like

If your DNS requests are also routing over the VPN, then you’re fairly safe from this kind of attack. Of course you’d need a trustworthy VPN provider.

1 Like

How is this even legal?

3 Likes

But her emails!

2 Likes

I’m so perplexed about why Tea Partiers and Christians would want these policies. Like is it really “do whatever you want to us as long as you stop abortions and hurt gays”?

5 Likes

Pretty much!

6 Likes

Reality doesn’t bother those fucken turkeys; it’s tribalism all the way down.

2 Likes

I will put up with anything—anything!—as long as those people suffer.

—Tea Party motto

7 Likes

If this passes, let’s start a kickstarter to buy the sensitive information of the children and family members of every senator that sponsored this bill from their ISPs, then publish the information in the most unsavory corners of the internet.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.