Sensual photos of teens smoking marijuana, taken for the U.S. government in 1973

[Read the post]

2 Likes

Wow, I wish I had a time machine so I could join the party. Looks like ace fun.

21 Likes

Wicked cool, man.

3 Likes

Where is Lankey, TX? Google search brought up no results for this town.

I believe they meant Leakey, TX, actually outside San Antonio:

Almost one hundred photographers took pictures across the country, and Marc St. Gil’s series takes place in areas outside of Houston and San Antonio, particularly Leakey.

2 Likes

Didn’t they do a documentry about this? “Dazed and Confused”?

3 Likes

Even that big ol tree got excited.

4 Likes

That branch has always been there. ( http://oglaf.com/stamen/ )
I think the EPA photographer was, too. I think the theme of this photo-set was: “Let’s save nature so we have a place to watch teenagers make out.”

9 Likes

I was there, figuratively.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Looks like my friends circa 1993, 2003, or 2013.

3 Likes

Looks like screenshots from a pretty cheesy slasher b movie

2 Likes

…and that nerdy looking rat-faced teen grew up to become Ted Cruz!

“Oh don’t mind me taking pictures of you kids making out…just pretend I am not here…never mind that my pants are down”

2 Likes

Texas. I mean, really.

Yeah, but what universe? Because there doesn’t seem to be a Lankey, Texas in this one.

1 Like

Just re-read the fact that weed is considered to be a schedule I drug, whereas cocaine and meth are schedule II, you know, because weed is so dangerous.

Schedule I (weed):

• The drug or other substance has a high potential for abuse.
  • The drug or other substance has no currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States.
  • There is a lack of accepted safety for use of the drug or other substance under medical supervision.

Schedule II (Cocaine, meth):

• The drug or other substance has a high potential for abuse.
  • The drug or other substance has a currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States or a currently accepted medical use with severe restrictions.
  • Abuse of the drug or other substances may lead to severe psychological or physical dependence.

As usual, fucking ridiculous.

7 Likes

it’s Leakey according to the original description. I hate the h/t via copy&paste thingies in the interwarb2.0, no one checks sources.

eta: oops @Cycle23x beat me to it. by 15 hours.

Aww. There’s nothing sweeter than guiltless, prelapsarian hedonism.

2 Likes

Be kind to the rat-faced boy! I prefer to believe that, in the alternate universe that includes Lankey, TX, teen-aged Ted Cruz smoked some weed with some nice girls his age, grew into his features, and became a lawyer for the ACLU.

4 Likes