Local TV news staged a ridiculous "teen bedroom" to show where drugs could be hidden and Twitter is having a field day with it

Originally published at: Local TV news staged a ridiculous "teen bedroom" to show where drugs could be hidden and Twitter is having a field day with it | Boing Boing

9 Likes

That’s an airbed. You could hide a lot of drugs in that. /s

17 Likes

Glad teens have discovered painters’ tape and are watching out for the paint job, but someone really needs to take that kid rug shopping. Perhaps for a dank carpet.

25 Likes

It’ll really tie that fake room together.

46 Likes

Most of today’s parents were hiding pot in their rooms themselves when they were teenagers, so already know perfectly well where to find the kids stash.

I’d note the that in the “sample room” presented, the bookshelf needs more books, so that the hollowed-out book has enough support that it doesn’t fall open on it’s own.

18 Likes

Horizontal mini blinds are a crime to use in a bedroom.

10 Likes

I already learned all the spots you can hide weed in in the 90s.

26 Likes

Parents should be more concerned with their kid’s online activities than reefer madness.

12 Likes

lols. my teens biggest issue is converting every damn device to Linux, and an extreme hatred of any microsoft product.

he tried to organize a protest on his Discord channel today - very irritated by Windows 11 releasing today…

no interest in hiding drugs, or anything else, in his minimal room

19 Likes
16 Likes

Crack is whack.

8 Likes

A good friend of mine in highschool thought he was clever having us exhale bong rips into a paper towel roll with a tissue stuffed in the end. He also found the components of his very stained gravity bong in the dishwasher one day. Some parents just…don’t want to know.

12 Likes

“…The only thing that really worried me was the ether. There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge.…” Source: Hunter S. Thompson, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, novel, 1972, quote found at Good Reads

You can hide a lot of ether or nitrous oxide in that inflatable mattress. With with right knowledge and equipment, a teen could turn the plastic into vanilla extract, and we know vanilla flavored coffee is just the gateway to staying up all night, espresso experimentation, and eventually pumpkin spice lattes.

13 Likes

Looks like someone had an Illusion of Explanatory Depth problem when it comes to set design: everybody thinks they know what a teen’s room looks like until they go to create their own facsimile.

4 Likes

I got all excited thinking that pillow on the bed had the Mystery Science Theater 3000 logo, but on closer inspection it just says “party zone” or something. I guess I expected too much from this hypothetical teen.

Also, I think I spot Catch 22 on that bookshelf.

EDIT: It just gets better the longer I look at it. My favorite is the nightstand that’s too far away from the bed to actually reach.

12 Likes

I have teens. Their rooms… well their rooms do not look like the one in the picture.

21 Likes

I never met a person who enjoys pumpkin spiced lattes and has had an espresso.

8 Likes

You know where they’re all really hiding it???

That’s right. In their watches.

21 Likes

Word. I have a 16 year old; her room is nothing like that.

13 Likes

Some of that’s at least kind of accurate. We had the signs for both Highway 69 and Bigwood, ON hanging around when we were kids. A Mile 420 sign would have been pretty tempting (though we were more sign aficionados, than pot smokers).

4 Likes