Sesame Street 'Yip Yip' halloween costume of greatness

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/24/sesame-street-yip-yip-hall.html

17 Likes

wonderful! They were my favorites. (Along with Don Music)

18 Likes

Now, THAT is the way to do Muppet Halloween costumes! :+1: None of that sexxxy kermit bullshit.

27 Likes

Sexy yip yip costume would be something to see.

13 Likes

It would probably be a woman in a bathing suit with a yip yip shaped hat, unfortunately. And, that goes against all yip-yip-ness which is truly embracing the Weird. Now, if it was both sexy and deeply weird, that would be something to see!

12 Likes

Oh no! These guys scared the hell out of me when I was 4. Even now when I see them, I have that memory of being freaked out.

7 Likes

Kermit IS sexy.

9 Likes

26 Likes

i want to see a video of them in action. the mouth movement is really crucial to the whole Yip Yip experience, in my opinion.

9 Likes

After the mention of sexy Yip-Yip, I see many of the posts here in a different light.

5 Likes

Is this species related to Tip Yip? Because that’s on the menu at the Disneyland Star Wars restaurant now.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2019/09/10/recipe-fried-endorian-tip-yip-from-star-wars-galaxys-edge-cookbook/

3 Likes

21 Likes

“The Yip Song”

3 Likes

6 Likes

I mean - of course it exists.

7 Likes

I was really scared of these two as a child watching “Sesame Street.”

2 Likes

Same, same…

Genre monster movies tend to be produced in waves. A lot of Vampire movies. Then a lot of Zombie movies. Then a lot of Dystopia Movies.

I’m ready for the Age of the Yip Yip movie. It can be a whole genre.

11 Likes

Awww… such nostalgia! I loved the Yip Yip guys when I was a kid! How could you be scared of two cuddly creatures whose only motivation was to communicate (and who were afraid of the telephone)? Thanks for the memories!

11 Likes

I loved Don Music as a kid! Sadly they had to retire him because he, y’know, encouraged kids to bang their heads on piano keyboards. But I think of him and his musical mental blocks fondly.

6 Likes