Seven-foot crocodile swimming in Ohio creek near kids' church group

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/08/16/seven-foot-crocodile-swimming.html

8 Likes

Das ist nicht ein kleine Krokodil!

Also, this song is now stuck in my head, thanks!

8 Likes

I’m pretty sure that when the kids shouted Jesus Christ, they weren’t asking for his protection.

42 Likes

I wonder how much god would have protected them if they stayed within chomping distance?

21 Likes

Since God apparently uses guns, I guess our “gun problems” in the U.S. are actually “God problems.”

13 Likes

Could be worse… Could have been a gator.

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure god put the crocodile there in the first place. Kind of a weird trick to play on a bunch of kids don’t you think?

26 Likes

Now I know not to click the link out of fear of earworms!

4 Likes

I actually like it… it’s a very cute German kid’s song about a krokodil named Schnappi who lives on the nile…But it is an ear worm, for sure.

6 Likes

Crocs and prayers folks, crocs and prayers.

Apparently not the good pairing you’d expect. Not for the croc anyway.

12 Likes

Came here for this. Was not disappointed.

1 Like

No, then it would have been “part of his plan, which we won’t understand until after we die”

13 Likes

Couldn’t they just give it a one-way Greyhound ticket to Florida?

7 Likes

Makes me think about the urban legend of the bible that was untouched during a house fire that destroyed the home and killed all the residents, and everyone remarking what a miracle it was.

20 Likes

Das ist keine kleine Krokodil!

6 Likes

Crocodiles are not native to Ohio. It was probably some gentleman who thought it would be cool to have for a pet, then realized it wouldn’t make a good pet and released it into the wild. Hopefully it isn’t an invasive species and won’t become one.

8 Likes

Undoubtedly. In addition to crocodiles not being native to Ohio - it was a saltwater crocodile. Last I checked, Ohio isn’t near any saltwater.

9 Likes

But those church kids are so tasty! He could not resist.

12 Likes

“Thank you for sending Lisa to kill the [crocodile] you sent.”

14 Likes