Sever year sentence for Jan 6 rioter described as "one-man wrecking ball"

Originally published at: Sever year sentence for Jan 6 rioter described as "one-man wrecking ball" | Boing Boing

11 Likes

His mom is a piece of shit too

36 Likes

Six to seven years is barely adequate.

Trying to overthrow the government should get you life in prison, at least.

24 Likes

gifhaus-funhaus

16 Likes

CNN is wrong to say Fanone was “electrocuted”, which refers to deadly or at least life-threatening shocks, but not to getting zapped with a stun gun.

If he got hit by a Taser, that could have been fatal or life-threatening.

20 Likes

Right?

I don’t appreciate how the actions and intent of these 1/6ers are getting labeled so often.

They weren’t just rioting, let alone protesting. They broke into the seat of a country’s government because they were trying to overthrow it.

30 Likes

JFC what a family.

12 Likes

I’m glad the authorities have learned one of the lessons of history regarding how to treat the rank-and-file participants in a putsch. However, I’m still waiting for real consequences for at least some of the ringleaders who urged these losers on.

16 Likes

Drew Barrymore Oops GIF by NETFLIX

9 Likes

i mean, SERIOUSLY! these little slaps on the wrist are just so frustrating. this should definitely warrant a much harsher sentence, if not life.

9 Likes

Boing Boing has reported more than once that Tasers can/should be considered deadly weapons:
From Cory: :Taser says its weapons don't kill people, so Reuters built a massive database of 1000+ Taser deaths | Boing Boing
And previously from Rob: Murder charge dropped against cop who shot Taser-wielding black man in back as he fled arrest | Boing Boing
I’m not sure why a stun gun is not considered dangerous? Is it because it was not Taser branded and is somehow safer?

5 Likes

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.