Sex-obsessed site run by House Speaker's wife suddenly goes dark

Originally published at: House Speaker's Wife's Controversial Site Vanishes - Here's What's Hidden

3 Likes

No big deal this is just the person who will be First Lady if something terrible happens to the POTUS and VP. :rage:

7 Likes

So much for deeply held beliefs and the courage of their convictions. Not that their cowardice is any match for the Internet’s inability to let crappy views be forgotten.

20 Likes

“Contending for the Christian faith through strategic litigation” sounds like something Jesus would do.

10 Likes

i dunno. his father did write a whole book about it.

6 Likes

He had a ghost writer do it.

9 Likes

Or many ghost writers, most likely…

10 Likes

A Holy one, I assume.

2 Likes

Whichever suits their purpose: They loudly and openly invade others’ personal lives with their own agendas and brand of politics, then slyly and quietly remove aspects of their own personal lives when it threatens their own politics and agendas.

9 Likes

What we need is a press that will actually press them on this:

“Mr. Speaker, your wife took down her website quoting your non-profit that claimed homosexuality is a sin. Does that mean you now believe it isn’t a sin, and therefore acceptable?”

LGBTQ+ organizations should make their lives miserable by welcoming them into the fold:

“With the removal of her website, Rainbow Watch welcomes the Johnsons in recognizing that LGBTQ+ people are all gods’ children and part of gods’ infallible plan for humanity.”

None of this “proudly bigoted when no one’s watching” crap.

11 Likes

Yes- we shall see how much this hitherto unnoticed politician enjoys the heat of the spotlight.

6 Likes

Dean Winchester Facepalm GIF

1 Like

Or point out Matthew 19:16-24 and ask when she and her husband are going to “sell that thou hast, and give to the poor”. [There’s also 19:19, which I wouldn’t say that website exactly epitomizes.] Quote is from Project Gutenberg’s King James edition:

19:16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

19:18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, 19:19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

19:20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet? 19:21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

19:22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

19:23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.

19:24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

5 Likes

Sing like no one is listening. Love like you’ve never been hurt. Bigot like nobody’s watching, and live like the rapture has already happened!

2 Likes

And, despite representing Louisiana, they must label shrimp and crawdads as abominations, as it says in Leviticus:

“Of all the creatures living in the water of the seas and the streams, you may eat any that have fins and scales. But all creatures in the seas or streams that do not have fins and scales–whether among all the swarming things or among all the other living creatures in the water–you are to detest.”

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.