Revered far-right representative resigns amid drunken sex scandal with young aide

Originally published at: Revered far-right representative resigns amid drunken sex scandal with young aide | Boing Boing

9 Likes

Christ, what a huge gaping asshole.

28 Likes

His aide is 19. He got her drunk and had sex with her. How is he not in jail under rape charges?

43 Likes

OK everyone, get out your Resignation Bingo cards and listen out for key phrases such as:

• “spend more time with my family”
  • “serious error of judgement”
  • “apologize to my supporters and fellow Republicans”
  • “Jesus has forgiven me”
35 Likes

I’m sure we’re all just shocked at how the story of this “family values” conservative turned out.

36 Likes

He’s probably a closeted trans person. All that grooming. /s

23 Likes

Texas Right to Life PAC … is praying for a biblical response for all those involved…

I wonder what a “biblical response” to a rapist might be. It sounds like it might be pretty, uh… physical. But he is their guy, even if they want to pretend otherwise, so maybe they’re praying that somebody will ask him nicely to repent.

19 Likes

Texas will probably charge her with attempting to violate the abortion ban. Surprised PlanB is still available in Texas. Have Abbot and Paxton weighed in on this case yet?

17 Likes

As they go on the macro so they go on the micro. The right have always been a one stop shop.

2 Likes

Gee I wonder why these people want our children to grow up ignorant of sex?

22 Likes

Not sure what their intentions towards his victim are, but it sure sounds like some blaming.

17 Likes

It’s Beau again

I posted this on the thread re: the texas shooter, but it obvs belongs here too.

21 Likes

C’mon, be fair…

you forgot “that’s not who I am; that’s not me.”

23 Likes
  • “a moment of weakness”
22 Likes

I’m guessing his victim was the daughter or niece of someone powerful. The investigation and hearing were done so quickly in a Republican controlled legislature known for sexual harassment. When this story first broke, I expected the Republicans on the committee to slow walk it if they didn’t outright bury it. The end of the legislative session is in 3 weeks. It wouldn’t have taken too much to delay that long

I cannot say I am surprised this asshole is also a rapist.

27 Likes

Stoning him?

Oh wait, stupid me. They mean stoning her

21 Likes

Well, as I recall the Bible, the response could be: stoning, struck dead, turned to a pillar of salt, blighted by disease, swarmed by locusts and lice, or rainbows. Lots and lots of rainbows.

14 Likes

Dude…

Really?

7 Likes

Um, yeah?

“They work primarily by delaying or preventing ovulation.”

Preventing implantation was previously thought to be a mechanism at play, but it turns out, not so much.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/23/health/fda-plan-b-label-abortion/index.html

3 Likes

Thanks ever so much for 'splaining; that shit never gets old. Especially coming from our allies.

10 Likes