Revered far-right representative resigns amid drunken sex scandal with young aide

Let me be clear then:

Your “tone,” dude; intended or not, you just fucking mansplained to me, and I didn’t like it.

Please refrain from doing it again, thanks.

8 Likes

Sorry, I was just trying to make it clear that current thinking about how the drug actually works has changed recently. I didn’t mean to come off as mansplainy.

2 Likes

I don’t want you to feel shitty; I just wanted to make you aware of how it came across. (Anyone can be incorrect but there are more effective ways to let someone know.)

Too many men are far too comfortable doing it constantly; and I, for one, have started calling it out in the moment, on the spot; even when it comes from those I like and respect.

Thanks for hearing me and not doubling down.

:+1:t5:

17 Likes

I noticed a major typo in the Texas Tribune article: they wrote “rum and coke” but did they really mean “rum and Coke?”

Also, a minor typo: they misspelled “rape” as “inappropriate relationship.” What’s really weird is that they made that same spelling mistake four times.

23 Likes

Yeah, these drag queens Republican lawmakers need to be excised from our communities asap before they undermine the very fabric of our society. We should do something about it.

5 Likes

Why is it that the vast number of cases like this involve repulicans/far-right nut jobs?

6 Likes

Just so we’re clear I’d be pretty happy with various biblical responses here: stoning, floods, fire, plague, boils, or just being savaged by a she bear.

6 Likes

They’re control freaks when it comes to other people, and that usually implies some serious impulse control issues on their own part.

13 Likes

A good copy-editor would have caught that. But no one pays attention to detail any more.

10 Likes

The papers in Texas are calling it an “inappropriate relationship.”
Choice euphemism for “rape.”

[EDIT: I see that others have already pointed out the same thing, and more cleverly, too. Tip of the hat and apologies.]

12 Likes

It’s possible that the person who hired their copy editor was dazzled by the applicant’s last job at the NYT.

[As if copy editor is a position at most outlets anymore.]

11 Likes

“…and is praying for a biblical response for all those involved,” said spokesperson Kimberlyn Schwartz".
Good luck with that :rofl:

5 Likes

While not in the Bible, certainly biblical, my favourite is the fleas and lice of a thousand camels infesting his asshole.

5 Likes

If I may, it was actually helpful to me, as a man, having this new information about how this works; it’s not information that had been shared anywhere that I would normally be looking, so I’m actually grateful for it.

3 Likes

I see your confusion. I grew up in Texas, so I can explain that. In Texas, “coke” just means soda. So, for example, if you order a coke in a restaurant in Texas, the server is likely to respond with something like, “What kind? We have Pepsi, 7-Up, or Dr. Pepper?”

11 Likes

From Wikipedia: “He served in the ministry as a youth and family minister for 13 years, for three of those years at River Hills Baptist Church in Corpus Christi, Texas.” C’mon, dude. C’mon.

6 Likes

Make It So Star Trek GIF

2 Likes

It never ends.

12 Likes

Clearly he was just confused about how the “youth” and “family” parts of that portfolio were supposed to overlap.

5 Likes

Hey, what does birth control have in common with gun control?

Your opinion isn’t important.

10 Likes