Revered far-right representative resigns amid drunken sex scandal with young aide

Let some folks tell it, I guess.

7 Likes

Sure does.
The “biblical response,” according to Leviticus would be, she dies and he carries on with his life as if nothing happened.
Pretty spot on for the GOP.

9 Likes

Jesus, what a giant dick. I hope he gets brought up on rape charges.

5 Likes

Probably because of their hard-line patriarchal hierarchies tbh. Those tend to enable certain social patterns with authority and sexuality.

10 Likes

In some towns in medieval Italy, branding and having one’s eyes gouged out were the suggested punishments for rape of an underage woman/girl. In some, the punishment was for the rapist to be tied to the ground, spread-eagled, and to have his genitals beaten to a bloody pulp with a tree branch.

I’ll go with that one.

7 Likes

I like those so much more than that other Italian tradition where the victim had to marry the rapist!
Medieval times weren’t all bad after all.

7 Likes

Of course, it all depended on the relative status of the parties involved. So, not too much different than today. Still, a boy can hope.

5 Likes

There’s a list going around on Reddit of confirmed GOP members caught up in sex scandals. I would love to see that published to the web page, sort of like a Streisand Effect honeypot. Would love to see them struggle to get their names off the site, and thereby attract attention to everyone else.

Of course, this should be done for Dems and Clerics (this also exists), as well.

I need simple apps and databases to keep track of the silliness, with appropriate links to open-source court documentation and locked Wikipedia pages, of course.

They keep saying “inappropriate relationship” when the correct term is “rape”. He got her drunk enough that she could not consent to sex and then had intercourse with her. That is rape. F*cker needs to be in jail.

14 Likes

tom cruise projector GIF

They know what absolute scumbags they are, but they assume that everyone else is even worse scumbags. The very idea that they are, in fact, the worst, is just not something they can compute.

14 Likes

And then tried to intimidate her in to keeping quiet about it too. He drugged and raped a teenaged employee gave her more drugs to prevent a pregnancy and tried to scare her into shutting up about it…

But doesn’t “sex scandal” just sound so much more ambiguously cool?/s

17 Likes

The Biblical response is that she has to marry him now, and he has to pay her dad 50 shekels.

Unless she was already betrothed to someone else, in which case both of them are put to death since she presumably didn’t cry for help.

4 Likes

And a quick conversion works out that it is equivalent to around 60,000 USD. A fucking slap on the wrist for the man and a lifetime of hell for the woman.

Can someone remind me why burning everything down and starting again from scratch is such a bad thing?

9 Likes

Cartoon Thinking GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

8 Likes

i wouldn’t say impulse control. this dude brought her to his apartment and got her drunk before forcing himself on her, then intimidated her into silence.

that’s consistent behavior over time.

i think the better framing is that it’s about power. everything the far right does, especially the christian nationalists, is about consolidating power in their own hands

rape is also about power.

he and they want power over other people. i think it’s as simple, and awful, as that

11 Likes

Because there is a high likelihood of the same assholes ruling over the ashes?

12 Likes

Those assholes will burn everything down themselves if it means that they can rule over the ashes. See for example Bashar al-Assad, Robert Mugabe, Vladimir Putin, Kim Jong Il, Abdel Fattah al-Burhan and Mohamed Hamdan Dagalo.

6 Likes

Now that’s just wrong.

3 Likes

If you don’t know what the bits are, it’s harder to report what someone did to your bits. Reminds me of the (probably and hopefully apocryphal) story about the teacher who was told by a student that ‘grandpa keeps licking my cookie’ and replied that it’s good to share your cookie with your grandpa.

2 Likes

Why.

Not.

Both?

2 Likes