Sex worker arrested in Google exec's heroin death on yacht

Apparently he can’t be a victim because he’s rich.

2 Likes

I was responding to a specific proposal from andy_hilmer that sex workers should be trained to respond to ODs. In relation to the specific context of this news story, if someone shot up another person with a lethal dose of a drug without their knowledge, then they are of course responsible for that person’s death.

1 Like

The idea that drug addicts should act more responsibly is, well, both obvious and useless.

4 Likes

I don’t think we have reason to say that either one of them was an addict, as opposed to a casual user. “Responsible recreational drug use” is not necessarily an oxymoron.

Of course, you could very easily argue that touching heroin at all ever takes you well out of “responsible.” But functional people who shoot up every now and then do exist.

True, but I have been one, and have known, a lot of junkies, and casual users tend not to mainline it. Not saying it’s impossible, but it’s unlikely. Polyabuser rather than a straight skag-fiend, maybe?

2 Likes

Now you’re counting angels on the head of a pin. This might be the extremely rare case, but I doubt it considering the follow up behavior. What I was referring to was the comments above suggesting all users should do things a certain way to be responsible citizens. It is kind of a laughable idea. No? We do have a better understanding of human psychology than that.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.